Thursday, December 17, 2009

Here are a few of our ornaments!

Here are a few of our beloved ornaments! I will share more on Saturday!



This is Vera the Mouse! I love this ornament. The girls picked her out when they were about 12 and 10. She's a cutie!


There was a craft village not too far from our house. There was a man that made ornaments on his lathe and this is one of them! What craftsmanship!


This pinecone ornament is one of 3 I got from my grandparents collection. They gave John and I all their ornaments when we first got married and we have treasured them for 30 yrs.!


The handmade ornament was a gift from a friend when we lived in NJ. It is from the Victorian era. We had a Victorian house at the time but it will always be on our tree even if we don't have a victorian-it is just so pretty!


This beautiful red heart was a purchase I made a few years ago. I love the deep red color!

Well that will give you a little taste of what is to come! Sorry I don't have time for more it is just such a busy time of year. I'll post more on Saturday when I have more time. Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday season!!

5 comments:

Kay said...

I love how each ornament has a story behind it. I guess that's what makes decorating a tree so much fun. It's full of memories.

Mary said...

Sherri, those are so pretty!

Florence and Mary said...

Such pretty ornaments Sherri and so lovely that each tells it's own tale

Victoria xx

Roses and Lilacs said...

Beautiful. I especially love the little mouse.
Marnie

Happy@Home said...

I always enjoy seeing other people's ornaments. Your are all so cute. I especially like the pine cones.


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!