Sunday, April 11, 2010

Knitted Dishcloths and a few other things

Hi Everyone! I have been knitting dishcloths lately and I love using them in my kitchen. I had been using Handiwipes but I didn't like the streaks left on my granite countertops. I had received some handknitted dishclothes from a friend in a swap and I found them just wonderful. I'm a knitter and I was looking for a project that wouldn't take me too long and the dishcloths fit the bill! Here are a few examples of my handiwork (one is still in progress as you can by the knitting needles).





I went to Michaels yesterday and bought 4 more skeins of cotton yarn to make my Mom some dishcloths for Mother's Day and I'll also make one for each of my sisters when I visit NJ next month.

This morning I was surprised to see a towhee at my birdfeeder. This bird is usually down on the ground scratching around in leaves, pinestraw, etc. I guess this one likes my Sunflower seeds! Here is a picture of a towhee in case you've never seen one.



Everyone enjoy your day!

7 comments:

  1. Sherri, what a great Mothers Day gift idea. I may have to do that for my mom. She'd love it!! Do they shrink much once you wash them the first time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WISH I knew how to knit! What a wonderful project, Sherri! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sherri, thanks for visiting my blog. Guess what? I am from Greensboro. Small world. My married daughter lives in Charlotte. She went to UNC-C. I love knitting dishclothes too. My pattern is a little different. I knit mine starting with 4 stitches and knit up to the widest part and then decrease down to 4 stitches. Mine have a decorative edging that is knit in as you go. I keep some going all the time, as my friends love them!!! Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dishcloths are so pretty. I love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't knit but I DO have some of these and I love using them on my granite too!

    I grew up in Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bird is a beauty! I don't think I've ever seen one like that.

    I don't knit but great idea. I like the flour sack clothes instead of paper towels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dishcloths. I make them all the time. I like the pattern that's called Granny's or something like that on most sites. You just start out with 4 stitches and work your way up. It ends up with a bit more of a decorative edging. My mom won't use anything else in her kitchen anymore.

    ReplyDelete