Friday, April 2, 2010

What a beautiful day!

Charlotte hit record temps since 1978 today! When I looked at the thermometer it was 92! The sun was shining and the sky was a beautiful blue. John and I decided it was too hot to walk the Greenway today and my back was bothering me. We decided to take a walk around where we live instead. I decided to take my trusty camera and snap some pics as I was walking. Here is what I saw today:

This little purple pansy is growing in the center park area of our townhome neighborhood.


Another little pansy looking all happy!




Pansies always make me smile they look so happy.


This is the time of year Carolina Jasmine starts to bloom and it is blooming in profusion this year! Here are some pictures from around the neighborhood.












I don't know the real name of this shrub but everyone seems to call it Pink Dancing Ladies. I love that name and they really do look like pink dancing ladies when the wind blows these shrubs!


My neighbors wisteria is creeping over the fence and it smells heavenly. It looks gorgeous also!

I forgot to mention John and I went to Lowe's and I bought these plants today:

Basil, Dianthus, 1 tomato plant, snapdragons, lobelia, petunias and cucumbers. I think this is a great start!


I just love the color of these petunias I bought! So bright and they will make a nice show in the courtyard.

That's it for my stroll today! I hope it was warm and sunny where you live too!

7 comments:

  1. Sherri, these are gorgeous photos. I love the close-ups of the flowers - they'd be great enlarged, framed and grouped. Just beautiful. Happy Easter to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary! I love taking photos of flowers. Maybe there is another career there-LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I am so jealous of all the flowers. They are gorgeous. Smelling the jasmine and wisteria would put me in heaven. Aren't pansies the cutest! I love them as well. It's still pretty cool out here but no snow so that's a plus. Now if it would just start warming up, everything might decide to grow.

    Happy Easter to you and your family Sherri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing the lovely flowers! It will be another month before we can take a chance planting anything here.

    I am sooo sorry I didn't get your book in the mail this week. I don't know where the days went. I will get in the mail Monday or Tuesday -- promise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen-that's fine, mail it whenever you get a chance. Happy Easter!

    Dar-Happy Easter to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what beautiful flowers! I live in Michigan and it is just starting turn to green! I've been walking in a local park everyday and today I just saw a few little flowers blooming. Your pics make me long for the beauty of the flowers, but also remind me I have to work in the gardens to get them ready! LOL Have a Happy Easter. XO Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could smell the jasmine and the wisteria. It is so beautiful. I don't think either one grows well in my climate.
    Marnie

    ReplyDelete