Sunday, August 28, 2011

Beautiful Coastal Room Retreats

I was looking at an old Coastal Living magazine from October of 2008 and I instantly remembered why I kept this issue. There were some really great rooms in that issue. Here are a few I thought I would share with you:

I love the style of this Living Room! I have a couch and one and half chair that is similar to the one in the picture and I love it. The french doors out to a lovely porch would be my idea of the perfect house. The throw on the ottoman looks like something I would love to cozy up with on a chilly autumn day with a cup of tea and a good book!

This sitting room is just great with the beautiful stone fireplace. I could sit here for hours!


Here is another beautiful living room. I love the post and beam construction in this house. What a lovely view the owner of this house has. I love how the owner put a palm leaf in a vase on the table-great idea.

As many of you know I make jewelry in my spare time. I would love to have a place like this craft room to create it in! Oh the things I would make in that lovely room!!

I have always loved fireplaces. Even though it is a little hard to see, the detail about the fireplace opening is really intricate and adds some beautiful charm to it.

This outdoor setting is ideal I think. You have a great view of the water from this vantage point. What a great place to entertain! At night it must be really lovely out there with some candles glowing!

2 comments:

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Flea Market Makeovers said...

Those are some great rooms!
Hugs,
Penny

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

oh....to have a craft room that looked like that - heavenly!
Glad you liked the pumpkins....they are so pretty :) nice to know they have a fan!


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!