Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mason Jar Lanterns


I just saw this on the hgtv website and thought I would share. I am going to make some of these lanterns for my backyard. All you do is wrap 18 gauge wire around the top of the jar and leave enough to make a hanger, sprinkle some sea glass, marbles, small pebbles, etc. in the jar and place an LED flameless candle in there and presto you have a lantern!!

John and I will be sitting on the patio in the evening now that the temps are going down and I can't wait to see these little lanterns flickering away!! ENJOY!!

9 comments:

Mary said...

Great idea, Sherri. They are so pretty!

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Flea Market Makeovers said...

Cute!

W. Latane Barton said...

Those are so pretty.

Brit Gal Sarah said...

THis is why I love HGTV, thanks Sherrie.

tinajo said...

Such pretty lanterns, I really like that idea! :-)

Yes, it´s a great time for my little boys - they both love school. :-)

Deserae said...

What a clever idea....I am going to make a few to go around our Koi pond. Thanks for sharing this :o)
~Des

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

These are so lovely! You can check out my post on the mason jar lanterns here, if you want to see more inspiration pictures.

GardenofDaisies said...

Thanks for sharing how to make these. Really pretty with the sea glass pebbles in there. Stop by my blog when you have time. I'm having a Giveaway at Garden Of Daisies.

Melissah said...

What a great idea - I'll have to try that one!
x
Melissah


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!