Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Parents are on their way!!

My parents left NJ at 5:00 a.m. today!  They are coming for a short visit.  My Dad made bookcases with storage underneath with doors for our office.  It will take up one whole wall.  He made them in 6 different groups and when he gets here he will assembly them and they will look like built-ins.  I will be painting them this weekend semi-gloss white.  The walls will be painted a nice dusty blue either this weekend too or at some later date.  Can't wait to see the parents and the bookcases!!  My Dad always does a wonderful job and never ceases to amaze me with his creations.  I will take lots and lots of photos!

Everyone have an awesome day!!

6 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

Enjoy your parents visit.

Victoria xx

Mary said...

Lucky you having such a great Dad to help with customizing your lovely new home - will be anxious to see what he made. Hope your parents travel safely and have an enjoyable visit here in our lovely state. I told the sun to continue shining!!

Hugs - Mary

NanaDiana said...

What fun to have your parents visit and get some new cabinets! I can't wait to see it all done and painted- xo Diana

Roses and Lilacs said...

Hi Sherri, been a long time since I've visited. Boy, what I wouldn't give for built in bookcases. Lucky you to have a handy father.

Took note of the book you recommended in your previous blog. I'm always looking for something to read.

Have a great visit with the parents.

vicki said...

How exciting for you Sherri! Enjoy your special visit-- and be sure to share photos of your new bookcases!!

Vicki

Kay said...

Everyone should have a dad like yours. Have a terrific visit!


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!