Thursday, May 6, 2021

Photos of the New House! 5.6.2021

 Hi Everyone!!  I have some photos for you of the new house!  It has been a busy month so far.  Here are some pictures (well alot of pictures):

This is what the house looked like when I bought it.

This is the Veg Trug I put together.  I want to grow veggies and herbs in this.

This is the veg trug planted.  From left to right:  Cukes, yellow summer squash, chives, basil and tomato.

View of the golf course from my backyard.  It has been dry here so they golf club was watering the course.

This is the view from my front door.


I brought this rose from my old house.  I will plant it along the fence I'm going to have put in for the dogs.

I planted this purple hydrangea in the front garden.  So pretty!!

I brought the Jackmanii clematis from my old house (it was in a pot).  It is loaded with buds!

My backyard.

This is the front part of my living room.

I have a small fireplace in the living room in the middle of the room.  I put my couch across from it.  The bigger fireplace is in the den.

This is one part of the screened in porch.  This has the rocking chair area, then my picnic table and a comfy swivel rocker.

This is the eating area of the porch.

The sunsets here are gorgeous!  This is from my front yard.


This is directly across the seat from my house.

The girls love looking out the front door.  Emma on the left, Ginger on the right. :)

The renovations start next week.  The bathrooms (2.5 baths) reno starts next week.  I can't wait.  Here are some choices I have made for the reno.

This is the granite that will be used for the 2.5 baths countertops.

This is the engineered hardwood that will be in the kitchen, 1/2 bath, breakfast room area and the den.

This is the double Shaker cabinets I chose for the kitchen.  The top cabinets will be white and the bottom cabinets will be the gray.  The vanities in the 2.5 baths will be all white.

This is the granite for the kitchen countertop.

This is the backsplash tile and the accent piece behind the stove.

This is my new dishwasher.

This is my new refrigerator.

This is my new gas stove.

I hope you like everything you have seen so far!  I'm really happy here.  I love a small town and the views are wonderful.  It sure doesn't help being close to the girls and the grandboys!!

Everyone have a lovely evening!  There will be more photos, but I thought we would start with this!


Sherri













This is the house now.  Megan cut down the ugly shrubs on either side of the porch.  I put the American Flag up.  I like it this way better!




6 comments:

  1. Did Megan and Jenny go to lake city high school
    Your profile says you are from there
    I thought you were just moving there

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful home. You have been busy for sure. I love those french doors. The hardwood color you picked out is the perfect shade and I love you went with white cabinetry on top and gray on the bottom. It's going to be beautiful. I hope you have many happy years there with your daughters and grands. Thanks for the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri, you have a beautiful new home. I love how you're making it your own. The reno choices are lovely. I can't wait to follow along with your progress! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda, I just moved here. I am originally from NJ. I moved to NC about 17 years ago and now I have moved to Lake City, SC. My girls went to high school in NJ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What took your kids to Lake City?....

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are making great progress on your new home.

    ReplyDelete