Thursday, May 27, 2021

Thursday, 5.27.2021 Reno Update

Good Morning Everyone!

So there is alot of noise in the house today!  The sheetrocker is here putting up new sheetrock in my kitchen and the master bath today.  I'm not looking forward to the sheetrock dust once they start sanding.  It will be everywhere!  Oh well, that is the price you pay for renovating.  

Yesterday I got it in my head that I was going to attack taking the wallpaper down in the front guest room.  No other rooms in the house have wallpaper, just this one thank goodness!  Some of the wallpaper comes off in sheets while other parts make me really work on it.  I did find that if you use a little bit of dish soap in the hot water, it really helps bigger sheets come off the wall.  Thank goodness for that!  

Here are some pictures I took of the wallpaper removal:

This is the front half of the room before I started.  The door you see leads to a huge walk-in closet.  Thank goodness there isn't any wallpaper!




This is part of the room before I started.  It is very pink with little blue flowers on it.  Very 1979-ish!



Here is a few photos of the wallpaper removal progress from yesterday:





Well now I'm off to work on some more of the removal!  I hope everyone has a great day!


Sherri


4 comments:

  1. Yes, drywall dust does go everywhere!! Taking wall paper down is not fun. I don't envy that chore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wallpaper is so difficult...good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a big project and I know you'll be glad when it's gone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you smooth sailing on the project.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete