Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Wednesday, 5.12.21

 Happy Wednesday Everyone!

I hope everyone is having a really good day!  We are finally getting some very much needed rain here in SC.  It is a nice steady rain, so it should soak into the ground and help my new plants grow.  Talking about new plants, yesterday I received my Gilbert H. Wild & Sons plant order.  I planted what I could without having to dig anymore in the garden I started.  The lawnman is coming to rototill a garden area for me.  I started it a few weeks ago but it will go much faster with his rototiller.  I ended up having to take up some more sod due to the fact that I went crazy with ordering plants and this is only the first of 3 orders coming!

I planted the following:

Bridgeton Celebrity Daylily

Mardi Gras Parade Daylily

Siloam Ury Winniford Daylily

Big Daddy Hosta

Berry Taff Bee Balm

Country and Western Astilbe

Montgomery Astilbe

Plum Pudding Coral Bells

Sugar Plum Foxglove

Tanager Coneflower

Uptown Girl Tall Garden Phlox

Here are some photos of the extended garden and the hosta/astilbe area:

Every where you see grass, this will become garden with a path in front of the veg trug (raised bed garden)

Hostas, astilbes and an impatient.

When I was outside grilling my chicken for dinner, a female cardinal came to the feeder.  Usually they are so cautious but this one seemed very calm.  She did look around alot but I was able to lift my phone up and snap a photo before she flew away.


Before Jenny, Kevin and the boys arrived to pick up Ringo, their dog, Emma just chilled out by me out on the screened in porch.  She is never very far from my side, especially since we moved.  


When I was watering my blue hydrangea, I just really liked the way the water droplets sat on the big leaves.  I decided to share it with you.


I hope everyone has a wonderful day!  I am going antiquing with Jenny this morning and probably we'll have lunch.  Then this afternoon both dogs need 1 shot, so off to Florence to the vet we go!


Have a good one!


Sherri

5 comments:

  1. Oh I look forward to seeing your garden take shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sherri:
    I envy your garden accomplishments. I have so much weeding to do, but this needs-to-be-replaced knee is keeping me from kneeling/shoveling/cleanup. I may need to find/hire someone to help me this season, or it will get completely away from me. ugh!
    I love sweet Emma's face - and the photos in your header as so cheerful!
    I need to come visit your blog more often. It always makes me feel good. Thanks for that, girlfriend.
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear Sherri.....Your new home is lovely. You've done so much inside and out!! What a great idea to have a raised box for your garden...easy to weed, and access! Once you get all of those plants put in, your yard will be like paradise!! Enjoy your day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone! You all know I love to garden and I'll be doing alot of that while the renovations are going on!!

    ReplyDelete