Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Spring is trying to come back!


Hi Everyone!  I hope everyone is having a good early Spring where ever you are in the country.  I know some of you are still getting snow or snow squalls and for that I am sorry.  It has been chilly here this week and the end of last.  The plants aren't acting like it though, they are blooming and thriving!  I love this time of year with all things awakening.  I follow a woman on IG who has a farm up in the mountains of NC and it is lambing season.  Those little lambs are jumping around and baaing for their mamma's.  They are so cute.  John and I had a farm in NJ and we raised sheep.  This time of year those little lambs are so cute but lambing season is very demanding and alot of hard work.  Atleast you have the reward of seeing those cute little faces and all the hopping and jumping they do!

I received some roses from Jackson and Perkins and some dahlia tubers from Petal Pickers in Greenville, SC.  I still have to till up the gardens where I want to plant them.  We had alot of rain so that put it on hold for a little bit.  I really have to do that maybe on Monday.  This week has been busy.  I went to Harris Teeter yesterday to get my groceries and I always buy a few bunches of flowers and make 3 bouquets for around the house.  Well they had these beautiful white lilies (I think they are called Casablanca) and they were gorgeous.  They came home with me and so did some baby's breath and some miniature pink roses.  Here is one of the bouquets:

Easter Bouquet I made.



I painted the 2 rocking chairs I had on the front porch.  My parents had them on the front porch of their house in NJ.  They were bought many, many years ago from Cracker Barrel.  They were very weathered, so I sanded them lightly and painted them black.  I love how they turned out.  I also finally put the bird feeder together.  It didn't come with any directions, so that was a little challenging at first but then I figured it all out.  I love how it looks and the birds have found it!  

These are the chairs that are all done and the bird feeder.

This is what the chairs looked like before I painted them black.  I think they look much better!

I was able to go down to visit Jenny and the boys last week.  We had a great time!  I brought Riley also.  He ran around their fenced in backyard like it was his job!  It was wonderful for him.  We went to lunch in Lake City and then we went to my favorite place Forest Lake Greenhouses.  I bought 2 azaelas, 1 Lady Banks Rose, another rose and lemon thyme.  While I was at Jenny's I was able to snap a photo of one of her many camellias.  This one was so pretty!

Camellia at Jenny's House

I decorated the house for Easter a little bit the end of last week.  I have a collection of bunnies, but I really love this bunny in the arrangement on my Dining Room table.  The dough bowl everything is in was handcarved by my Dad.  It was one of the last things he made before he passed away.  I think I have to get some more of that Spanish Moss that is dyed green, it seems to be shrinking every year.  


This little bunny I bought almost 35 years ago!  It is handcarved and has this little basket on it's back filled with eggs.

I was going through some old photos and it also showed up in Memories on FB of the boys when they were little.  They were watching the squirrels playing in the backyard when we lived in Mint Hill, NC.  I love those boys!  Then there is our wedding picture.  I love that photo of John and I!!  The other one is me with a group of my friends celebrating my birthday a few years ago.  We had such a great time that night!

Celebrating my birthday with friends 2020.  I am the second from the right.

The boys many years ago watching squirrels in the backyard of our Mint Hill, NC house.  They group up so fast.  Owen will be 13 in July and Jack will be 11 in April.

Our wedding 8.11.79.  One of the happiest days of our lives!


I was watering my orchids and misting them the other day.  I saw a little bud scape coming out on one.  I think the others won't bloom this year.  I think the move shocked them.




Orchid with a little budscape on it.

The last photo I'm going to share and then I really have to get some more things done in the house, is a sunrise I took a few days ago!  It looked like the sky was on fire.  Just beautiful!
Sunrise in my backyard.

Well I think I have caught you up on everything.  I really hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Hugs,

Sherri


4 comments: