Friday, January 2, 2009

The Books I read for 2008

I would have liked to have read a few more books in 2008, but now I have something to strive for in 2009!


1. The Winter Rose by Jennifer Donnelly
2. The Cat Who Smelled a Rat by Lillian Jackson Braun
3. Can You Keep A Secret by Sophie Kinsella
4. The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O'Farrell
5. Rhett Butler's People by Daniel McCaig
6. Deep Dish by Mary Kay Andrews
7. The Deception of the Emerald Ring-BOCD
8. Ghostwalk by Rebecca Stott-BOCD
9. The Silver Needle Murder: A Tea Shop Mystery
10. Lady of Milkweed Manor by Julie Klassen
11. Bulls Island by Dorothea Benton Frank
12. The Beach Club by Elin Hilderbrand
13. The Pink Magnolia Club by Geralyn Dawson
14. Little Bitty Lies by Mary Kay Andrews
15. The Red Hat Club by Haywood Smith
16. The Water is Wide by Pat Conroy
17. 3rd Degree by James Patterson BOCD
18. The Hot Flash Club by Nancy Thayer BOCD
19. Twenty Wishes by Debbie Macomber
20. I'll be Watching You by Victoria Gotti BOCD
21. Murder Most Frothy by Cleo Coyle
22. Dead Ringer by Lisa Scottoline BOCD
23. The Richest Season by Mary Ann McFadden
24. The Queen of Babble in the Big City by Meg Cabot BOCD
25. Sail by James Patterson and Howard Roughman
26. Lord John and the Private Matter by Diana Gabaldon
27. Summer at Willow Lake by Susan Wiggs
28. Horseplay by Judy Reene Singer
29. Cliff House Strangler by Shirley Tallman
30. Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah
31. The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant
32. Angels by Marian Keyes
33. S is for Silence by Sue Grafton
34, The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls
35. The Other Queen by Philippa Gregory
36. Set Sail for Murder by Carolyn Hart
37. Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright
38. Fleece Navidad by Maggie Sefton
39. The Pirate's Daughter by Margaret Cezair-Thompson
40. Summer Blowout by Claire Cook
41. The Purpose of Christmas by Rick Warren
42. Christmas Cookie Murder by Leslie Meier
43. Dashing Through the Snow by Mary and Carol Higgins Clark
44. Sugar Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke
45. Cedar Cove Christmas by Debbie Macomber

9 comments:

  1. Very impressive! I think I will try to keep a list of the books I read this year, too. Right now I am ready Promise Me by Harlan Coben. His books are amazing- you can't put them down... My Mom and sister want me to read Bel Canto. Have you read it? Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherri, great list. Do you have a top favorite or two from the list?

    Given the busy year you had, I think your list of books is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed Sherrie, I have read two on your list and got through 28 myself this year. I plan on blogging my list on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you like mysteries, you might enjoy "Shadow of the Wind". I am not a mystery fan and loved it as did my husband. Has a bit of everything in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is amazing! I really need to get back to reading!
    I have been on a blogging break but am now up and running once again! I just wanted to come over and say Happy New Year!
    Blessings to you,
    Robin~♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori-I did read BelCanto a while ago. It was recommended to me by a lady at my Church in NJ. I am sorry to say I didn't really care for it. Hopefully you will. Just wasn't my cup of tea!

    Mary-I really liked The Winter Rose and The Glass Castle. I can't really say I disliked any of the books I read. I will say that the latest Philippa Gregory was a disappointment though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree Sherri, The Glass Castle was an amazing story. I may start Bel Canto tonight and see what I think. If a book doesn't grab me within the first chapter, I usually will pass it up... We'll see!:) Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sherri, I think you read more than I did this past year. Have your joined Good Reads? I'm there, and on LibraryThing. I'm slowly cataloging my library. I love English titles and am now reading The Little Ottleys. It's fun. This isn't the Diva. That's my daughter, but Blogger can't figure out who I am unless I have the name/url tab. Sorry.~~Dee/reddirtramblings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you sure do a lot of reading, I see some interesting titles as well. You'll have to share some thoughts on them sometime :)

    ReplyDelete