Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Really Nice Saturday

Jenny and I went to On a String Bead Shop and The Bead Lush Bead Shop this morning. I had a gift certificate to On a String from Jenny and Kevin from Christmas. I bought some wonderful beads and I still have $6.00 left on the certificate. Then we proceeded to The Bead Lush. I bought some really pretty red beads so I can make a Valentines Day necklace with matching earrings. After I make them I'll post a picture on here. We then proceeded to Dish, a really casual restaurant in the Midwood Plaza section of Charlotte. It's a very urban section of Charlotte. I had chicken salad, which they put pecans in and grapes-it was yummy! Jenny had their homemade tomato bisque soup. They put bits of fresh basil in it-she was in heaven. She has always loved tomato soup of any kind, even when she was little. We then came back to our house. I made her 3 prs. of earrings with the beads she bought. She also had brought along with her 2 vintage dresses she found in a thrift shop. She needed them taken in a little and she doesn't have a sewing machine. I do so I took them in for her. She looked really cute in them. Jenny and Kevin both love things from the 40's. Tonight John and I are having dinner with our friends. This wasn't planned but we're looking forward to it! Everyone keep warm and enjoy the day!!

4 comments:

Vintage Tea said...

That does sound like a lovely saturday. i can't wait to see photos of what you make.

Victoria xx

mysteryhistorymom said...

What a lovely day! I wish I could have joined you!:) Lori

Catherine Holman said...

My daughter loves vintage clothing too. She used to sell vintage clothes on eBay, but hasn't done it for a while. Can't wait to see pictures of your jewelry!
Cathie

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Your day sounds wonderful Sherri. I hope you have a wonderful Sonday! :)


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!