Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Beautiful Thanksgiving Table Settings

I will not be at home this year for Thanksgiving. John, Teddy (our Golden Retriever) and I will be visiting with my parents and sisters (and their families). My Mom will set her table with her Lennox china that she got as a young bride in 1958. It is cream colored China with a platinum rim. Very pretty. She will use a cream colored tablecloth and she will use my Nana's sterling silverware. Very rarely does my Mom use a centerpiece. John and I used to send her a centerpiece and she always kept it on the kitchen table not the Dining Room table. Our daughters will be staying in NC this year and celebrating Thanksgiving together. I will miss them dearly but we have to go North and they cannot for a few different reasons.

I started thinking about table settings. Next year I won't be making the trip North so I thought I would save a few photos I found on pinterest of Thanksgiving place settings. I thought it would be nice to share them with you!

What a clever idea to use leaves as the place cards! Love it!!

I think this is my favorite one. I love persimmons in a group on the table.

This is really a pretty table!

Sometime I would like to try this-a cornucopia napkin-very ingenious!!

Where ever you are spending Thanksgiving, I hope everyone has a wonderful time with friends and family!!

1 comment:

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Flea Market Makeovers said...

Great ideas there! I will be having dinner at my home....I need to get creative.


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!