Thursday, November 3, 2011

Time to think of a Christmas Stocking.

I made my 2 girls Christmas Stockings when they were babies and I made my husband and myself one. I did all of them except mine in crewel embroidery. Mine I did in counted cross-stitch. It is now time to start thinking of making one for Owen. Here were some examples I found on www.pinterest.com:

I think Owen would love this Jester Stocking!

I could make this one out of linen or burlap, but I wonder if that would be just too plain.

I do love snowmen! They always are so jolly looking.

I think I will just keep searching for just the right one for him. It will be fun making it though! Does anyone have any other ideas? I will keep y'all posted on what I have chosen to make!

9 comments:

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Flea Market Makeovers said...

Love all the ones pictured. I have red toile stockings that a friend made me a few years ago.

Createology said...

Great stocking ideas. It really is the season...

Kay said...

I do believe that last one is my favorite. I like the colors and the snowman. :-)

jenclair said...

Every year, I fall in love with new creative stockings! These are all beautiful.

Donna said...

Oh, they are all so cute! I love Christmas stockings.

Nan said...

I am SO impressed that you've made stockings. We had a local knitter make three when Margaret was a baby. Then when Michael came along, his grandmother bought him a hand-knitted one at a church sale. They are beautiful and I love them, but this year I am doing something completely different. I think I'll write about it in December. :<)

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

I'm thinking of buying a neutral stocking and embellish it with shells. Will see.

Debbie said...

The little blue one is so cute for a little boy.
Have fun looking at more, and trying to choose just one.
xxxooo

Florence and Mary said...

The jester is so cute!

Victoria xx


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!