Monday, October 29, 2012

A Little Bit of Everything!!

Saturday John and I moved with the help of 2 wonderful moving men!!  They were absolutely wonderful!  Unfortunately they ran out of time, so tomorrow John will be moving boxes out of the apartment garage to the storage unit with the help of the same 2 wonderful moving men.  We are all settled in at Megan and Ken's.  It is so nice to be out of the apartment and back into a house again.  Teddy is so much happier, even though he is a little confused.  He thinks we are just visiting Megan and Ken and he keeps looking at us wondering when we are leaving-LOL!  I also meant to say Megan help me bring some things over to her house-she was a big help.  Both she and Ken are making us feel really welcome staying at their home!  Thanks you two!!

Yesterday after I meet for a little while with my knitting group, I drove past our new house.  Oh my goodness did they get alot done!!  The siding is done, they started painting the house and trim, the inside of the house was painted white, the kitchen cabinets and granite countertops were all in, the doors were hung, the trim was done, the vanities were in, the special mouldings were done in the hall and dining room, the cubby next to the garden tub was done, the folding table in the laundry room was done, and the septic had been put in!!!  What a difference 1 week made!!  Here are just a few photos I took:

Sorry the pump jacks are in the picture for the front photo but they are going to be painting the house this week.
 This is the color of the house with the trim being a light cream.  The back of the house was already painted.
 This is our kitchen-cabinets and granite countertops!!
 This will help you see the color of the cabinets a little better.  I love this color-so nice and warm!!
 Picture framing in the Dining Room.
This is part of the backyard.  They had to take some trees down for the septic and they did remove the beautiful dogwood tree that was there.  I will be planting a new one in the Spring.

Yesterday Jenny, Kevin and Owen came over to Megan and Ken's neighborhood for a Halloween parade.  Owen is going out for Halloween as Popeye.  Here is his picture:

As you can see in this photo he wasn't a real happy camper, but right after I snapped the photo he started smiling.  He has a little pipe Kevin made with a dowel and a solid block of wood for him to hold.  He also carried a can of Popeye spinach!!  Too funny!

Well that was about it for our weekend!  I hope everyone had a good one!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Sherri- I am back from my blogging break and just in time to see your wonderful new house coming to the finishing point. It is just gorgeous! I love it and am excited for you to move in. I am glad you found temporary housing at your daughter's home~ xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how much they did in a week! It all looks fabulous, Sherri. And Owen is too cute for words. What a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house is gorgeous! I can't believe how big your grandson is already!! I just adore his costume! Did you make his costume? I love his muscles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glitters-I didn't make his costume but I did tell my daughter how to make it. I was so busy making my other daughters complicated costume and moving. I figured Jenny could handle making some muscles with pantyhose and fiber fill-LOL!! He looked adorable. Wouldn't wear his sailor hat though, he can't stand hats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You designed Owen's costume?? Oh my goodness, Sherri, you never cease to amaze me! Darling!!! And your house is absolutely lovely! The color is beautiful (as well as everything else) and I know you are so excited to move in.:) Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori-I can't take credit for Owen's costume. I just told Jenny how I would do the muscles out of pantyhose. She got his top, sewed the red handkerchief part and she actually made the muscle. Kevin, her husband put the anchors on his muscles and made the pipe he is holding in his hand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. My. Goodness - that Popeye look is so cute it´s killing me! Loved all of your pics by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous house and even more gorgeous Popeye - he looks adorable!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete