Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Megan's Halloween Costume is Done!!

I don't have any pictures of the costume that I just completed for Megan, but here is the Simplicity pattern envelope.  I made the one on the right.  Megan found taffeta in the same color as on the pattern envelope and she even found the black and white striped material for the bustier!  Someone had given her a cute little black velvet hat similar to the one in the picture too!  There were alot of pieces in this pattern.  I thought the bustier would be easy and then I found out there were 8 pieces of boning in it, that need 8 little sleeves sewn onto the bustier and then you slide the boning in them!!!  The coat is lined and it took 4 hours to pleat the entire bottom half of the dress!!  All in all I think it turned out awesome, if I may say so myself!!  I will take a photo of Megan in her costume when she tries everything on and is all dressed up for her big Halloween party!  Enjoy Megs!!

5 comments:

  1. Aw it sounds amazing wish there was pictures :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting - I'm sure she will be the best dressed! It seems like over the years, I've made just about every Halloween pattern there was. It's so much fun and my girls so loved it. I love all the details and work that went into yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks (and sounds) like a lot of work. I can't wait to see the pictures!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this and like Kat, looking forward to the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing - I could never make that, well done you! :-)

    ReplyDelete