Saturday, February 7, 2009

I recovered 2 outside chairs and made a bracelet!

With the Open House schedule for tomorrow I took a look around the back porch and patio and saw that my 2 screened porch chairs had terrible water stains on them. I had treated these cusions with scotchguard but not waterproofing. I'll know better next time! I had some fabric upstairs in my craft closet that was going to be cut up and put in a quilt, but I thought these chairs needed immediate attention. I covered both bottom, top and footstool cushions with the same material. I used safety pins on the back to hold them on to the cushions. Even though I sew, this was such a quick fix I couldn't resist! I thought they turned out really well!



This is the chair before. The other one looked just as bad. I should have brought the cushions in for the winter but forgot to. When I realized they were getting wet it was too late the water stains had already set.



This is the chair up close after I got it all done.


This is the first chair all done up! I was so happy with it I decided to move to the next chair!



This is a closeup of the fabric I used. These look like brand new chairs with a little color!



This is the other chair all done! I'm glad they turned out so great!



This is the bracelet I made for myself today! I think I'm going to add some more things on it, but here it is for now! I'm going to wear it tonight when I go out with our friends for dinner and a movie. I made my friend some earrings for her birthday, but I forgot to take a pic of them before I wrapped them!

Everyone have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Katherine said...

Sherri-

I Love the idea of the buttons on the bracelet! Very nice. The chairs look awesome, your outside area looks heavenly I would love to sit out there with a book!

Milly

____Maggie said...

What a great place to enjoy a book! Now, get a throw and one of your favs to throw over the chair before the open house!

Today I opened all my little button packs and poured them in a glass jar. The braclet is a better idea, thanks!

Joyce said...

Wow Sherri! You did a great job on your chairs. They look wonderful! And I love your bracelet! What a great idea!! Very productive day!!!

Mary said...

Love the button bracelet, Sherri! And the chairs look so fresh with the new cushion covers. I like Maggie's idea of the throw and a book. Good luck with the Open House!

Sherri said...

You all are so right about the book and get in the chair-that is right where I am now!! I don't need a throw though-it hit 72 today and it was around 74 yesterday! I wore the bracelet out last night and got many compliments! Thanks for all your wonderful compliments!!


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!