Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Visit with my friend was so nice!

John and I went to visit my friend from church last night. John chatted with her husband while I visited with Patti. She had broken a bone in her foot December 30th. She had been scheduled to have her toe operated on right after the holidays. Then the bone broke so 2/9 she had the toe surgery and everything is mending at the same time. Patti is a ray of sunshine in my life!! She is always upbeat, complimentary, gracious and a tower of strength!! I met her when I first moved here almost 5 years ago at the church. We were on a committee together and we put together a fundraiser called Art After Dark. It was wonderful working with her on that. Patti has become my surrogate Mom! She is only 2 years younger than my Mom. All the things that Patti does for the church and people she knows makes her seem like she's only 55 yrs. old! When John and I pulled up to her house we were greeted my thousands of daffodils. I told him when you look at a daffodil it is like looking at Patti! Sunny, bright, cheerful and happy!! I am glad to have her as my friend! Mend quickly Patti!!

4 comments:

Roses and Lilacs said...

Sounds like a lovely visit. Hope you're feeling better. A few day of relaxing and de-stressing helps has to be good for the mind and body.
Marine

Kay said...

How lovely, Sherri! I have always loved daffodils while in Illinois. Patti is lucky to have you for a friend, too. How terrific that you had such a nice visit.

Joyce said...

I hope Patti gets to see this nice posting about her. She sounds like a lovely person that anyone would cherish to have as a friend. How nice that she is in your life!!

Sherri said...

Patti is a lovely person inside and out! I've know her for 5 years and I feel like I've know her my entire life-that is a true friend!!


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!