Monday, June 7, 2010

2 Treasures over the weekend!

Over the weekend I went to an Antique Center in Waxhaw, NC not too far from my house. I was suppose to be looking for items for a Very Vintage Summer Swap that I'm doing. Well I did buy something for my Swap partner but I also bought this darling little green depression glass jar for me! I know, I know focus Sherri focus, but I couldn't resist!!



I also had to go to Michaels and get some cotton yarn and while I was there I had to peruse all the aisles I was interested in. Look at this cute little garden tray. Well I don't really think it qualifies for a tray but it is similar to a little catchall I used to have when we lived on our farm in NJ. This is so cute! I put it on the ledge between my kitchen and the living room. I put 2 ivy plants one at each end of the catchall and now I have to decide what to put in the 2 middle compartments-oohhhhh do I hear another shopping trip!!!!



I had a really great weekend!

10 comments:

Donna said...

Great finds, Sherri! I love them both!

Hugs,
Donna

Angie said...

Love the tray! So cute. I am redoing my garage to make it more of a storage on one side, and a potting shed area on the other. This would be perfect. going to Michael's tomorrow. Hope you don't mind.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Great finds!!! That tray is awesome. I always love anything glass. Love & blessings from NC!

Brenda Leyland said...

Sounds like a really fun weekend! Thanks for showing us your treasures. Isn't that the best part of shopping, showing what you got!

Sherri said...

Angie-they always say when someone copies you it is a compliment :)! I don't mind at all!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Sherri
I enjoyed seeing what you bought at the Antique Center. I love the little jar and the tray looks great with your ivy plants in it.
Lindsay

Roses and Lilacs said...

Good morning Sherri. Love your new header. Cute jar. I have a similar one I love.
Marnie

Sherri said...

Marnie-I took the picture on my header at the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden. It is one of my favorites! Thanks!

Maya said...

Love the glass jar, so gorgeous!!

雅雯雅雯 said...

良言一句三冬暖,惡語傷人六月寒。...........................................................................


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!