Saturday, June 19, 2010

Yellow Squash, New Red Potatoes and Green Beans!

The other day one of the owners of the company I work for brought in Yellow Squash and Green Beans from his garden. I love steamed yellow squash with a little butter, fresh ground pepper and some freshly ground sea salt. My grandmother used to cook garden fresh green beans with new red potatoes so I thought that would be perfect addition to our dinner the other night. Here are pictures of both (sorry they are a little dark my Photosmart is on the fritz right now!





I worked on Megan and Ken's stained glass window today. I would have gotten the whole window done today but I broke a piece of glass and I don't have any more! I was so mad at myself. Now I'll have to wait until Monday to get another piece!

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!

4 comments:

Happy@Home said...

Nothing like fresh from the garden veggies. How nice of your company's owner to share.

Angie said...

Yum. I love red potatoes. And you just reminded me that I bought some last week. Guess what's for dinner tomorrow night? Hope you are having a great day!

Kay said...

That looks wonderfully delicious!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi sherri
I have never tried squash but we regularly eat green beans and new potatoes. I hope you show the stained glass window when it's finished. I would love to see it.
Lindsay
x


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!