Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Stained Glass Window Follow Up

Last night I took the stained glass window over to Megan and Ken. They absolutely loved it-I was so happy. You just never know when you create something for someone if they are going to like it or not. They saw the window cut out and partially foiled but they couldn't see all the color in the glass since I had it on my work surface board. Ken had gotten some clear caulk to install the window. While Megan was making dinner Ken and I installed the window and it is just perfect for blocking the sun from their TV. Here are 2 pictures of the preinstallation and the completed job!


I situated the window and Ken inserted some nail brads to hold the window in place while he caulked the window into place. These brads will be taken out once the caulk has dried for 24 hrs.


Here is the finished product!

It took me a long time to actually get the piece going and to complete it but it turned out great! I'm glad they are happy with it!

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning! You should be so very proud of this beautiful, beautiful window. Very nice work, Sherri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce-thanks so much for your kind words. Now they want a stained glass insert for the window light on the side of their front door! I told them to give me a few months off and then I'll start one maybe in the Fall and have it done before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I should have paid more attention when my girlfriend tried to teach me to cut and lead stained glass:)
    Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an amazing job on the window. I love it!! It looks so pretty at their house and I know they will really enjoy it. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a perfect fit in their home Sherri. It's absolutely beautiful! They must love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's absolutely beautiful Sherri. You do such beautiful work with everything you do!

    ReplyDelete