Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I was looking at old pictures and here is Christmas 2002!



I was looking for a specific picture and I came across this picture from December 2002 (sorry my kitchen light reflected in the top right hand portion of the pic). We still lived in Frankford Township, NJ. This is what we used to deal with in the winter in NJ. If you look through the spindles on the deck you can see our pool. No one would be swimming in that pool with all that snow around that's for sure! To the right of the pool there was a hottub and of course, we used that year round! We have not had one snowstorm here in Charlotte since we moved here in 2004! The weather gets chilly but no snow. If we want snow we go from the Piedmont to the Mountains, which is about 2 1/2 hrs. away. I very rarely wear a coat. I did buy my peacoat this year, but I've only worn it 3 times! Everyone have a great evening!

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad we have none of that yet...we usually do. It was 60 degrees yesterday! I ws wondering how you were doing Sherri. I just got done reading daphne Du miers Jamaica Inn...very good! cherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know just what you mean. I've got some hair stiffening photos from Chicago, too. And like you, it's rarely under 70 degrees over here in Hawaii. I like the fact that I don't have to shovel snow and yet, I loved the beauty of snow too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, Sherri, this isn't what I see in my mind when I think New Jersey! So beautiful. As you know, I'm still living in the snow belt (we're expecting 3-5 inches today) and I'm sick of snow already. It's not even officially winter yet. I hope you don't need your peacoat much this season! Loved the birdhouse, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, everyone thinks of Newark when they think of NJ. We lived at the very top of the state, in farm country. We were only 5 mins. from the mountains. Where we lived in NJ it was beautiful. We were only 2 1/2 hours from the beach, 5 mins. from the mountains and about 1 1/2 hrs. from NYC. It was great! I really don't miss the snow though and the state is way too expensive especially car insurance and real estate taxes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sherri,

    Thanks for visiting my blog. Wow, that's a lot of snow!

    We moved south partly to get away from all that snow, and now enjoy the mild winters of the south.

    I see you moved south from NJ. I lived in PA.

    Nice to meet you! I enjoyed reading your blog. Have a great day.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete