Sunday, November 28, 2010

2010 Christmas Decorations Part I

I spent alot of Friday decorating the house for Christmas. I changed the mantel this year. I bought some mercury glass candle holders and wanted to incorporate them into the decorations this year. Here are some things I got done:


This is a little dark (my flash is still acting up!). I will try and take a better picture another day. All my new mercury glass looks so good up there on the mantel!! I am really pleased with it.


This is the right side of the mantel decorations.


This is the left side of the mantel decorations.


Closeup of mercury glass votive candle holders.


Center of mantel decorations.


These are all my Byer's Carolers I've collected over the years. They are on top of my antique NY state stepback cupboard in the Dining Room.


I have a small whitewashed cabinet in the kitchen eating area. I had to decorate that too!


I keep this little Garden holder up year round and just change out the decoration during the year.


This is a antique sled I painted in the late 80's. I love the way Santa's beard came out! I really love this piece!


John and I drink only tea and this tea set is perfect for the two of us. We usually sip tea with some Christmas cookies by the fireplace.


This is my sideboard in the kitchen eating area, which was just perfect for my "sugar" houses and churches!


We have a granite breakfast ledge and I just had to add a touch of country Christmas to it! I've collected this items over the years and I bring them out every year to spend Christmas with us!

Well I hope you have enjoyed your little tour! I will be posting some more pictures of the decorations tomorrow or the next day!

13 comments:

  1. Your mantle looks lovely. Especially the mercury glass. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am truly impressed! Everything is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks lovely, Sherri. So cozy and festive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherri, everything looks beautiful! I am still in Colorado. Will email you when I get back to NC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've loved seeing your beautiful decorations! I love lots of greenery and berries...and candles! Love your pretty tea set, too! Enjoy the holiday season! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone-I had a great time decorating on Friday! I love Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Sherri! Thank you for spreding the word about my giveaway from Fifi Flowers!
    xoxo

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all looks very pretty, Sherri.
    Can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Christmas decorations are all so wonderful, Sherri! Love the sled you painted.

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello dear Sherri~ I have been holding your herb tubes from France and will check to see if I have your mailing address; I am sorry I am a little behind on my shipping. I LOVE to see your Christmas decorations, I am not going to get to that for a week or two, but you inspire me! all best~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your mantle is amazing Sherri and the mercury glass is incredible. Your decorations are beautiful as ever. I remember the sled from last year and I still think it's incredibly beautiful - you do such beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your home looks wonderfully festive!

    I'm decorating my tree tomorrow!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete