Saturday, November 13, 2010

Mercury Glass one of my all time favorites!

I have been thinking about how I'm going to decorate the house for Christmas this year and mercury glass items are definitely going to be part of the decorations this year! Mercury glass has that old-time, antique, well-loved look that I want to have around my house. Here are a few suggestions and some pretty pictures of these wonderful items:


I just love votive candleholders. This is definitely a lovely grouping!


I'd love to have this mercury glass lamp on my bedside table. Arranged with a few books and the old clock really makes a complete vignette.


These pink roses are gorgeous just by themselves but put them in a mercury glass vases and they really look stunning! These would look love in a guest room or powder room!


You can use these vases for flowers or layer different items in them for the holidays. Greenery always looks so beautiful, red berries are another festive holiday item to add to the vases for that extra punch of color!


These tealights are offered by Pottery Barn. A part of the proceeds go to St. Jude's Childrens Hospital. What a great offering.


I have never seen a pendant lamp in mercury glass, but I thought this was just gorgeous!


I just love this picture!! Pottery Barn always has the great ones don't they! The mercury glass chunky candlesticks add just a hint of sparkle to the room and not just for the holidays!


I have quite a few mercury glass ornaments that go on my tree every year. I have some old and some new. These are new ornaments in this picture but if you look in antique stores you can almost always find these antique treasures.




I would love to decorate my mantel like this!


This mercury glass bowl holds some antique mercury glass ornaments. I love this idea!! Just so beautiful!!

24 comments:

  1. They really are a lovely addition to almost any decor. Nice post, Sherri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are just lovely. Mercury glass is a favorite of mine too, and I display it year round. I have new and old pieces. My favorite is a shabby mercury glass vase I found in an antique shop for $2!!!! Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was trying to remember where I had seen mercury glass before and when the Christmas tree ornaments came up I remembered my grandmother's tree. Some had already lost the mercury in places so looked rather shabby. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mercury glass too. My favorite is the gold colored glass. It seems to go better with my color scheme. I picked up some voltives the other day to use on my mantel. I am looking forward to decorating for Christmas.
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherri, what beautiful pictures. I don't have any mercury glass, but would love to add some to my Christmas treasures. Thanks for sharing. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sherri,
    I love mercury glass too! I keep mine out all year round and it is especially beautiful at the holidays, it lights everything up.
    I so love your blog, it is just wonderful. Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog this morning, I really appreciate it!
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sherri- You always find the loveliest treasures! Thanks so much for sharing! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mercury glass certainly is beautiful, I can't wait till you start showing us your collection

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love mercury glass but haven't had the easiest time finding it this year. The search continues ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE mercury glass! All of these pictures are just beautiful, Sherri! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, I love the mercury glass pendant light you show on your blog. Do you know where I could purchase one for my home? Thanks for your help!
    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this idea! I can not find the looking glass spray anywhere though, where did you find yours or do you know of any places that sell it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found the Looking Glass spray at Michaels. Over by the art supplies. Getting ready to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Take a look at my blog to see how I used the mercury glass pendant in my bathroom. Look under New Old Bathroom at debrapaesslerdesigns.com Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely blog and great post! Look forward to following you. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello! I don't suppose the mercury glass pendant is still available but if you know where it was sold, I'd love to try to find it! Thanks, Sarah (sarahmblack at gmail dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This may be a dumb question, but do you spray the inside or outside of the jar? I will be putting candles in mine to make lanterns.

    ReplyDelete
  18. does anyone know where the pendant is sold? it's simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Did anyone find out if those pendants are avail and if so where? They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Did anyone find out if those pendants are avail and if so where? They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. a couple of years ago, I got a mercury glass hobnail pendant at Anthropologie. You check and see if they still have some

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sherri , I love it! Your frames are all so gorgeous! Wondering where you find them all? I recently found a large one that I am working on, but that's about it. I love moss balls and you really pulled this together fabulously! Thanks for sharing with us.

    Hugs,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi! I found a link to this blog post on Pinterested titled "Mercury Glass Tutorial" and I read through the post showing different things done in a mercury glass look, but I don't see the tutorial on how to do it anywhere in the post and I would love to know. Could you tell me where it is or explain it for me? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. How to do it is here: http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/how-to/intro/0,,20691639,00.html

    ReplyDelete