Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thanksgiving Project Blankets

Most of you know I have been knitting 2 blankets for a Thanksgiving Project. My youngest daughter, Jennifer works for Olive Garden and they are giving Thanksgiving gifts to 5 ladies in a group home. Now these ladies do not have much and Olive Garden has decided to make a really nice Thanksgiving for these ladies! This week the 5 ladies are coming in for a special dinner and then they will be presented with 5 baskets filled with all sorts of things. Jennifer took it upon herself to knit 2 blankets, I knitted 2 blankets and my friend, Patty knitted a wrap. I finished the last blanket on Monday night. While I was glad to finish the blankets and start some of the Christmas presents I'll be giving this year, it was very rewarding to know that these ladies will have something of their very own!

Here is the finally products that I made:


This throw/blanket turned out really well I think!


This picture came out a little blurry, but you can still see it. The colors are a blend of green,turquoise and a little gold thread. Very pretty and really warm!

I hope the ladies enjoy their gifts and God Bless them!! Happy Thanksgiving ladies!!

11 comments:

  1. I'm sure the ladies will be overwhelmed with such fabulous gifts.

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful project, Sherri. The blankets are beautiful. What is the size? I'm thinking this could be something I might try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful that you all are doing something to warm the body and the heart. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful thing to do! Your blankets look warm and snuggly and I know the ladies will cherish them.
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a sweetheart! Someone is going to be very blessed this winter.:) Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi dear Sherri - catching up with all your news!

    What a wonderful gift for each of the ladies - I know they will feel so special being treated this way at Thanksgiving. Your daughter must be a kind person to also knit - kids today are often lacking in helping the elderly - obviously you have taught yours well!

    Glad you are enjoying Autumn - me too as it's my favorite time of year.

    Bob says hello - hugs from me.
    Mary - A Breath of Fresh Air

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are beautiful and made with love!!!! I know the ladies will just love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sherri
    What wonderful gifts for the ladies. I know they will cherish them. Thinking about oyu today as I enjoy this fabulous fall weather we are having. I hope you canget outside at lunchtime and enjoy it. That's one of the perks to being a realotr. You get to go outside.
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, gorgeous! And I love the gold thread -festive! And I'm all into sparkling things it seems for this Holiday season, haha.

    Maya @ Completely Coastal

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone for your kind posts. All the while I was knitting I kept thinking of these 5 ladies. They are in such need, it made me want to cry! But then again I cry over everything very easily-LOL!! Jennifer said they moved the dinner and gift giving for the ladies until Tuesday. That fit their schedules better. She said she'll take pictures!

    ReplyDelete