Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Part 3 Final Post on NJ Trip

Here is the last part of the NJ Trip. Sorry it took so long to post the last photos.


This is my cousin, Mary and her daughter, Shya. I hadn't seen Mary in 32 yrs. and I had never met Shya. She is a delightful little girl. It was so good to reconnect with my cousin!

My Dad has some things in his shop. He displays everything in such great ways!


This is his 1930's NJ License Plate. He also collects old tools. These old wrenches have been collected by him for years.


These antique wood planes were my father's great grandfather's. They are so beautiful. Dad has them on a shelf so he can see them everyday when he is working in his shop.


This old milk can stands just outside Dad's shop door. Dad has a collection of 3 milk cans to remind him of his Grandfather's dairy farm.


These farm tools Dad has collected over the years and he's mounted them on the barn siding wall on his covered patio. I love the rough weathered red wood against the antique tools!


This antique grinding stone is in my Mom's garden. I love it!


This stone squirrel stands sentinel in my Mom's garden. This squirrel was my Nana's. She had it in her garden too!


My Mom's garden is winding down, but I thought it still looked pretty good for October.


This Indian Grinding Stone was in my Nana's garden also. My Mom and Dad have this lovely stone by their patio. The bird's love to drink out of it.


One of the final roses in Mom's garden. I just thought it was gorgeous!


This is one of the 3 burning bushes Mom and Dad have in their backyard.


Who doesn't love holly and berries. This will make a great Christmas card!


The begonias are still doing great in Mom's garden.

Well the trip to NJ is done. Hope you enjoyed our trip!

7 comments:

  1. How wonderful to get to visit your cousin after so many years. That had to have been fun. I love seeing the old tools and stuff. Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. I hope you enjoyed your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photos - even in the late fall that garden is spectacular - so very special!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the photos from your NJ trip, Sherri. Looks like your parents live in a beautiful area!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mother has a beautiful garden, Sherri. Love all the photos. Your Dad has quite a collection!

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheri,

    New Jersey is such a pretty state. My husband grew up there. Looks like you had a great time. I have cousins I haven't seen in years too.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful photos from your NJ trip. Looks like your parents live in a beautiful state. I bet it was good to see all you family and relatives.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved seeing the antique tools. We used to have a wall display of tools just like those in our diningroom in Illinois. I'm sad we had to sell them before moving to Hawaii. I'm so glad you got to see your cousin.

    ReplyDelete