Saturday, November 6, 2010

Silver for the holidays!

With Thanksgiving and Christmas right around the corner I've been thinking about the things I need to take care of-one being my silver. Every Thanksgiving and Christmas I use my husbands grandmother's silverware. Time to polish that. I was also thinking about decorating with some silver pieces I have collected over the year. Off to the internet I went for some ideas and here are so lovely pieces of silver I thought I would share with you today:


I just love the little silver teapot place card holders! I'm a tea drinker but I think everyone would love these.


Wouldn't this silver grouping look beautiful on a sideboard in your Dining Room!


Lovely silverware.


Don't forget to add silver, glass or white mirrors to your holiday decorating! They are really gorgeous for this time of year.


I just love this little tea cup with the little silver forks.


Don't just store your silverware in a drawer out of site, bring it out into the open by storing some pieces in a pottery urn.

Or in a cut glass cup




Silver that shows a little age or tarnish is wonderful to use in decorating for the holidays.


I have always tried to put a glass candle holder with some silver pieces on the mantel to add just enough sparkle for the holiday season!


I love this Dining Room setting! Very simple but yet elegant! The silver candlelabras add just enough sparkle for your holiday meal!


This silver branch candlelabra really makes a statement! I would add some greenery and some berries for the Christmas holiday.


Napkins rings are always a just little extra item you can add to your holiday table. These silver ones are very elegant and old-world looking.





Don't forget to add some beautiful silver mecury glass ornaments to your tree or put some greenery in a bowl, place some silver ornaments and some red berries on twigs and you've got a beautiful arrangement.

Last and not least don't forget to bling yourself out!!

10 comments:

  1. All so beautiful! Do you know where the silver branch candelabra is from? It is gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sherri! I LOVE all your silver pieces...silver is my absolute favorite metal finish! :)
    I was a lucky girl finding that fabric in Goodwill...just don't have a clue what I'm going to do with it! lol
    Have a great weekend my friend!
    HUGS!
    MIssy :)
    You've made me want to go get all my silver out and play! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a stainless kinda girl myself but I love all the silver you showed. That took a lot of research..lol.. Loved the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I think I like that last ring picture the best. I could always use a little "blinging out" haha. Silver is so classy! Thanks for being such a frequent visitor at my blog, I really love reading your comments. I was hoping you could confirm for me that you received a personal email from Reckless Bliss with the same message shown on my blog today? It's so important to me that my followers aren't put in a bad situation as a result of my blog even if it's out of my control so I was hoping you could verify it was sent successfully. If you could respond via email (RecklessBliss@live.ca) or comment on my blog I'd really appreciate it!

    Thanks so much Sherri!

    PS. That's my mom's name too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All so pretty! You know I don't own any silver? CRazy!

    What are you doing next Sunday? I thought about maybe going to the Southern Christmas Show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely inspirational Photos, Sherrie! I love all of the silverware and the way that they're displayed! I like to add a little bit of silver to my Christmas decorating, too. Thanks for sharing these great ideas with us!
    Have a great week!
    ~ Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must say, those cute little silver teapot place card holders are just the cutest things. However, in Hawaii they'd tarnish in a half hour. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL...girl you and I are definitely connected because I decided to decorate with silver mercury glass this year :) A few years ago I decorate with gold and silver so I am recycling that theme this year. :)

    ReplyDelete