Saturday, November 20, 2010

What a perfect day today!!

It was such a perfect and beautiful day today! John and I had breakfast with our friends from the old neighborhood. That new restaurant Skillets we found is wonderful!

Then Megan came over and she and I went for our pedicures! Just wonderful-what a fabulous place! I had the best pedicure I have ever had!! I will be having another one right before Christmas and a manicure too!

She and I then headed over to Home Goods. I found 2 silver candleholders for the mantel for Christmas, a DVD for Jenny, 2 small pictures for Megan and tea for John's stocking. I have some things for all of them already, but I need a few more things! I still have to shop for the son-in-laws, my sister and her family and my Mom. I made a calendar on line today for my Dad. I had taken alot of pictures in NJ when I was visiting them in October and I incorporated them into a calendar on Vistaprint! He will be really surprised!

Then Megan and I headed on over to Target. I bought some makeup things I needed, found another mercury glass silver candleholder and 4 mercury glass votive candleholders for the mantel and some Christmas Gift tags. I'm going to get a glue pen and write the persons initial on there with the pen and then put Martha Stewart's fabulous silver glitter on it-it should look so beautiful on the packages!

Megan and I then decided we were really tired and shopped out! She came in and visited with John and I for a little bit and then went home. John and I have been doing some odds and ends around the house the rest of the afternoon. I am now going to watch TV and knit with John. What a perfect day!! Hope y'all had a great day too!!

10 comments:

  1. Love those 'perfect' days.... sounds like you HAD fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything sounds great. Glad you had a fabulous day. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your Saturday was busy, but fun!!! I'm going to have to check out the mercury glass items you found at Target. Nothing better than an evening watching TV and knitting. After Christmas, I'll have to come down to visit and go to your knitting shop. That would be fun! I'm sure you have some other fun places to visit too. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are the candlesticks the one in your title photo? They are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhh.... I love it! A perfect day! We can all use one of those.

    Your blog has such a festive, elegant look, Sherri. It's gotten me in the holiday spirit which I was sort of avoiding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does sound like a great day, Sherri. I'll have to check Target for the mercury glass. I shopped all day yesterday too. My sisters and I went to IKEA and then on into the city (Chicago) to meet my daughter for lunch and shopping in her neighborhood (meaning we walked a lot). Ended at Crate and Barrel where I bought the cutest tree ornament. Then dinner at a great mexican restaurant followed by the 2 hour drive home. A long, fun, exhausting day. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like the perfect day, Sherri.

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a great day all around. Enjoy your Sunday Sherri.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday Sherri. That's awesome. I've had to put my knitting away with the new little pup - he likes to eat the yarn. lol.

    Hope you're having a great Sunday too!

    ReplyDelete