Monday, November 1, 2010

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaahoooooooooooo!!

I thought I would share some great news with all of you this morning! John got a call from our attorney and Liberty Mutual has now agreed to pay for the damage to my car, the storage for my car and the towing! This has been a long journey from Sept. 11 to today but the outcome is wonderful! Liberty Mutual, of course, denied they owed us a dime but with "prompting" from the Department of Insurance, they have changed their initial response. We should be receiving a check any day now!

This has certainly been a case of perseverance on our part. All of the medical bills from my visit to the hospital emergency room have been covered also. We have since switched to State Farm Insurance and they have been wonderful! I would advise all of you to check out the payout of claims from your insurance company on line. Until this accident, we thought Liberty Mutual was great (we never had a claim with them). Then I had the accident and they turned out to be horrendous!! John went on line and found out they have one of the worse claim payout records amongst all the insurance companies. I would hate for any of you to go through what John and I have gone through the last few months!

Happy Days in our household! This is a cause of celebration!!

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad they are finally covering what they should have from the beginning. I think a lot of these companies just want to sell policy's and give you hoops to jump through hoping you'll just give up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news, Sherri. Isn't it too bad that you and John had to be squeaky wheels to get the desired - an correct- result. So glad it turned out in your favor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaahooo is right Sherri! Good for you and John!
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS, Sherri! What a relief! Thank you for the warning about Liberty Mutual. That is good for everyone to know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurrah for you! It is always a battle with insurance- unfortunately. We had to struggle this year for the first time, too. But.... we won! You have to speak your mind and not be nice. sigh... I am SO happy for you! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is great news!!! I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete