Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010 Best Loved Books!




I was looking at the list of books I read for this year and I was remembering every one. I really think my best books for this year were The French Gardner by Santa Montefiore and The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King. For some reason these two books really stuck out in my mind. They were both very different from each other but both were in other countries. There was mystery in both of them and a touch of love. If you haven't read either one of these, you might want to put them on your list for 2011.

I haven't made a list of books I would like to read in 2011 but I did join the reading books from your shelf challenge! I have so many, many books on my shelves and I would love to read a good portion of them and pass them on to someone else!

Happy Reading in 2011 everyone!

9 comments:

  1. The Read From Your Shelves Challenge is one of the best. GOod luck with it and have fun reading in 2011. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I joined the same challenge, Sherri. Now the trick will be not buying books to replace them! I probably have 100 books on my tbr shelf so I shouldn't have to buy a new book for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Sherri, Happy New Year!....Your posts are always so nice to read!...& you are so darn good at writing each day!...I have been terrible, but will be back in a few days! :)....I will definitely take your book suggestions too!...Enjoy this winter day!....Your friend, Heidi XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll note those titles down and look for them. I think we have similar taste. Hope you and yours have a Happy and Healthy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed seeing what you like to read. I hope that the coming year brings you much happiness, and good reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Loved The French Gardener too. I'll have to get the Beekeepers Apprentice. Hope your cold is better.
    Hugs,, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's it then- those are on my list for sure now! So many books- so little time!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't join the challenge but I fully intend to read what I have. That being said I know I will have a hard time not buying anything. lol. Good luck clearing your shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the Laurie R. King books. I love this representation of Sherlock. And Mary R. is such a wonderful character. You have much happy reading ahead of you, Sherri. You might like this site, if you haven't already visited:

    http://www.laurierking.com/books/mary-russell

    ReplyDelete