Thursday, December 16, 2010

Good Bye to a Wonderful Angel!!


Megan on the left and Cindy on the right


Some of you know this and some of you don't-my oldest daughter, Megan's friend Cindy Ray was killed on Sunday, 12/11. She was run over by a drunken driver in Massachusetts and she died. Her Mom was in the car and didn't know Cindy had been hit. She ran in the police station and told them someone had jumped the curb and struck a car. When Cindy's Mom and the police came running out they found Cindy. This tragedy is one of the most awful things I have heard in a long time and it makes it worse because we knew the person. This happened on a Sunday afternoon around 3:00 p.m. Cindy was coming out of the police station after picking up a report and was headed back to her car. The man who hit her is 50 years old and a father and now he will have to live with this for the rest of his life. What are people thinking when they have too much to drink and get behind the wheel! Was it worth it! Cindy and her husband, Brian were suppose to be watching their nieces for the next year while Brian's brother and sister-in-law were deployed. Cindy had just gotten the little girls room ready for them, found a pediatrican and daycare facility for them while she was at work. Brian will now be doing this task alone. Cindy went to college with Megan and they were the best of friends. They called each other every Monday. Cindy was so loving and kind. She had lost her father very early in her life to a heart attack while he was shoveling snow. Even though she had gone through tragedy at a very young age, she was always smiling and joking with everyone and she had a very big heart. Today will be her viewing and tomorrow the funeral. The world has lost a true angel-God Bless you Cindy Ray!! We all love you and you will be missed!

17 comments:

  1. So sad and senseless. My prayers are with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri- I am so very sorry. It sounds like she was such an amazing young lady- a true angel on earth. My heart goes out to her family and yours. I have prayed for comfort for all of you, dear friend... Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a tragedy, Sherri. Cindy's loved ones are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awful. So many are lost in this senseless way and it makes no sense to me either. My prayers will be with the family at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a terrible tragedy! I am so sorry that you have lost a dear friend. Sending hugs and prayer for you, your daughter and Cindy's family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How horrible to have lost such a beautiful young woman. My heart goes out to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a truly senseless tragedy! My sister lost a very dear friend in college right around this time of year when they were struck by a drunk driver on their way back to their dorm. My heart goes out to her family and to yours. This breaks my heart, and like you I often wonder why anyone would drink and drive when so often it ends in tragedy for all those involved!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sherri, that's so terrible. My thoughts are with Cindy's family and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sherri, I am so saddened to hear this news. We had a tragic death almost 6 years ago and it really knocks the wind out of your sails. I will pray for your family as well as Cindy's. Such a senseless death. Heaven will be a much brighter place, but those on earth will certainly miss her. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That man should never be allowed to drive again!!! So sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is so sad! i'm very sorry for your loss

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a heartbreaking story - a loss that will break hearts forever. I do not understand drunk drivers - but he needs are prayers as does this beautiful girls family. Their pain is unimaginable - and yet - I cannot imagine having to live with the guilt of such a tragedy - so unnecessary. I am praying for them all.

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, Sherri. this is so tragic. I am so sorry... for everybody. It just boggles your mind. Life is so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am just so very sorry to read this... Words just cannot express that terrible sinking feeling we all feel when we read something like this.
    Many prayers for you and your family and for Cindy Ray and her family... I know Megan will think about her always and miss her...
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG Sherri, I was not aware of this how terrible. So sorry to all who knew her.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is heartbreaking. My prayers are with you all.

    ReplyDelete