Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December 1st!!

I cannot believe it is December 1st already!! Where did the month of November go! I swear the months are just flying by so quickly. Before you know it my 1st grandbaby will be here (baby is due in July). I have been knitting gifts for Christmas this year and I thought I was almost done but then I remembered I wanted to make John a lovely scarf this year for Christmas. Last night was my knitting group at Cottage Yarn in Mint Hill, NC and I was looking around the shop for some yarn and for a pattern. I found this lovely yarn called Eco Duo and it was in a lovely shade of grays. Here is a picture of the color so you can visualize it:



I will be doing a very simple pattern of Knit 1, Purl 1 for this scarf but it makes a really nice pattern and I'm sure he'll love it!

I also have another gift to complete but I'm not saying what it is in case this person is reading my post!

I hope everyone finds the time to enjoy themselves during the holiday! I plan on baking cookies with my 2 daughters, making some holiday jewelry for myself, going to see the beautiful Christmas lights at the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden and just plain enjoy the holiday season!

8 comments:

  1. My DIL DebiJean has a gift certificate to Daniel Stowe and loves it. She makes it a point to go every year at the holidays too. Some year if we're up there I'd love to go too. That gray will make a lovely scarf-very manly. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that time seems to be flying. My daughter and family will be arriving in a week and a half and there will be parties to host. It's going to be crazy here, but happy crazy.

    That gray color yarn will make a very nice scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gift to be able to knit! Your header picture is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it's December 1st.... yippee!

    I've been thinking Christmas thoughts for a couple of weeks, but was holding off to really swing into the season until the first.

    Enjoy your knitting. That looks like lovely soft yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean; I can't believe it's already December either. Time is just flying by.

    I bet the scarf will be lovely and John will love anything you make for him. I hope you enjoy all your holiday preparations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy December 1st, Sherry! I plan on enjoying the season too. That's going to be a lovely scarf!

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I´m gonna bake this weekend with my boys - I love to do that and so do they (so far at least, haha)!

    Have a great day, it´s snowing like crazy here...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so right about time flying. It seems to go faster every year.
    That yarn is going to make a very nice scarf.
    We went to Daniel Stowe to see the lights a few years ago. Very pretty.
    I just read your previous post and must say your jewelry is so pretty. I love all of the Christmas earrings.

    ReplyDelete