Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December 1st!!

I cannot believe it is December 1st already!! Where did the month of November go! I swear the months are just flying by so quickly. Before you know it my 1st grandbaby will be here (baby is due in July). I have been knitting gifts for Christmas this year and I thought I was almost done but then I remembered I wanted to make John a lovely scarf this year for Christmas. Last night was my knitting group at Cottage Yarn in Mint Hill, NC and I was looking around the shop for some yarn and for a pattern. I found this lovely yarn called Eco Duo and it was in a lovely shade of grays. Here is a picture of the color so you can visualize it:



I will be doing a very simple pattern of Knit 1, Purl 1 for this scarf but it makes a really nice pattern and I'm sure he'll love it!

I also have another gift to complete but I'm not saying what it is in case this person is reading my post!

I hope everyone finds the time to enjoy themselves during the holiday! I plan on baking cookies with my 2 daughters, making some holiday jewelry for myself, going to see the beautiful Christmas lights at the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden and just plain enjoy the holiday season!

8 comments:

Donnie said...

My DIL DebiJean has a gift certificate to Daniel Stowe and loves it. She makes it a point to go every year at the holidays too. Some year if we're up there I'd love to go too. That gray will make a lovely scarf-very manly. Take care.

Kay said...

I agree that time seems to be flying. My daughter and family will be arriving in a week and a half and there will be parties to host. It's going to be crazy here, but happy crazy.

That gray color yarn will make a very nice scarf!

Nan said...

What a gift to be able to knit! Your header picture is amazing.

Brenda Leyland said...

Yes, it's December 1st.... yippee!

I've been thinking Christmas thoughts for a couple of weeks, but was holding off to really swing into the season until the first.

Enjoy your knitting. That looks like lovely soft yarn!

Darlene said...

I know what you mean; I can't believe it's already December either. Time is just flying by.

I bet the scarf will be lovely and John will love anything you make for him. I hope you enjoy all your holiday preparations.

Donna said...

Happy December 1st, Sherry! I plan on enjoying the season too. That's going to be a lovely scarf!

Hugs,
Donna

tinajo said...

I´m gonna bake this weekend with my boys - I love to do that and so do they (so far at least, haha)!

Have a great day, it´s snowing like crazy here...

Happy@Home said...

You are so right about time flying. It seems to go faster every year.
That yarn is going to make a very nice scarf.
We went to Daniel Stowe to see the lights a few years ago. Very pretty.
I just read your previous post and must say your jewelry is so pretty. I love all of the Christmas earrings.


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!