Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fall had come to our house!

I have always started decorating for Fall at the end of August. I think we all love summer but sometimes you just need something new! I only brought a few Fall things out for now but I'll be adding some more things as September moves on. Hope y'all love the decorations so far!


I decided I was getting tired of the hydrangea wreath I had on the door, so off to the garage to find the Fall wreath I had made last year. It was right on the top shelf just like it was waiting for me! I don't have the pumpkins out yet, it's a little too early but they will be following soon!


I got together all my Fall Centerpiece items and created this centerpiece for the dining room table. I always use the Charleston Wrought Iron Tray and the main piece, this year I added a footed metal candle holder and put the rust colored leaf carved candle in the middle. I then added the large Fall candle ring around the candle. I love this time of year!


Here is the full arrangement on the Dining Room Table. I put the Fall runner on the table, did the Fall Centerpiece arrangement and put the Fall candle rings around the candle stick holders.


I got out the pumpkin placemats. I love these placemats! I've had them for atleast 10 years. I bought them at a shop called Abigails when I lived in NJ.


I love candle warmers. Instead of burning the candle, they just melt the wax and keep it warm so the scent can waft through your house. I have spiced pumpkin on the candle warmer right now-wish you could smell it!



I had promised I would show you Teddy with his new haircut and here he is! He was too lazy to get off the stair landing so I snapped it while he was resting (lazy boy-LOL).

9 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about Autumn as we call it. I much prefer it to Summer... I love your yankee candle, their Autumn/Winter smells are my favourite.

    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri, love the pics. Your door and wreath look lovely. You've inspired me to dig up my autumn things. It's my favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teddy is beautiful! Your Fall decorations look so nice and I can almost smell that spiced pumpkin!

    Hugs,
    Do;nna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Fall decorations are lovely. I'm not ready for Summer to end quite yet.

    Your dog is gorgeous ... I'm on my 2nd Golden. My first was Sandra Dee & now I have Madeleine Eugenie .. known as Maddy Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teddy looks very well groomed and content. What a lovely dog.

    Seeing your fall decorations made me want to do something over here. We don't get the seasonal changes but I'm thinking of finding some way to mark the holidays. Your house looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love fall! Your decorations look so nice.

    Your Teddy looks like my Teddy - they have the same face. I still miss my boy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for your lovely comments! I have pumpkins and a few other little Fall things to put out, but I'm going to wait until the middle of September for that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have that same wrought iron tray - love that thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I so wish it was here already, but we are still in the 80's and so it would just seem wrong! Love the decs and Teddy

    ReplyDelete