Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Here is some Pics from our little ride of Columbia, SC on Sunday

Sunday John came home from work and said he wanted to take a ride. We headed South and ended up in Columbia, SC. Here is some highlights on our trip! Enjoy the ride!


As we drove away from Charlotte and headed towards Columbia, SC we crossed over the Catawba River. The picture doesn't do it justice, it looked beautiful!



This was a beautiful bed and breakfast in Columbia on a wonderful street of old homes. They were all lovely!


This is the Mann-Simons House in Columbia. Celia Mann, a slave who acquired her freedom in Charleston, walked to Columbia and purchased this cottage in around 1850. Celia and her descendents owned the house until 1970.


We drove down this street that was like driving down the small curving streets of San Francisco. This is a new house that was built to look like an old home. It was beautiful!


Another lovely old home in Columbia, SC.


This was one of the first houses we saw. I love the witches hat by the porch!


Here is a pedestrian bridge we drove under in Columbia, SC.


Here is another pedestrian bridge in Columbia, SC.


This is a building at USC in Columbia, SC.


This is the USC (University of SC) Gamecock Stadium. This stadium is huge!

6 comments:

  1. Great pics, Sherri. What a nice drive!

    Also, is that one of your roses in the pic at the top of your blog? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of my roses. I took this picture at the old house when they first came out. I love this picture! I was able to bring this rose along with me to the new house and out of all the roses I brought with me this one is growing like gangbusters! I hope it is this pretty next Spring! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to live in one of those stately old homes. Haven't been to SC in ages.
    Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the trip! It's a beautiful place, and lovely homes.

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherri, what beautiful pictures. Those homes are just gorgeous. I'd love to live in one of them. The houses now look so modern. I don't think anything beats that older look-so much more character. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete