Saturday, August 22, 2009

Saturdays schedule

This morning John and I had a really nice breakfast. Then we headed over to Lowe's. I need to get a metal cutter so I can make some more earrings. We went into the garden center and we bought a miniature gardenia, which grows outside here in the South. It smells wonderful. I lost a rose I had transplanted from the other house so I took that out of the container and slipped in the gardenia! It looks great out in the courtyard. I put it by the picnic table so we will be able to smell its wonderful fragrance while we relax out there! We came home from our errands and John and I figured out what was wrong with the water flow in the fountain. A bird had sat on the top of the acorn and crimped the rubber piping. That was an easy fix! I then drove John to work and came home and the big news of the day my car now resides in the garage!! It just makes it! Some day we will be able to pull both cars in the garage but that won't be in the next week that's for sure! Tonight we are dining with Jenny and Kevin. I have the Eggplant Parm all made and ready to pop in the oven before we have to leave.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Relax, enjoy and soak up the sun if it is out! Take care!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a nice day that will be topped off by a nice dinner. I had eggplant parm last week for the first time in several years. It was wonderful.

    We added 2 gardenias to our garden this year and I agree they do smell sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would think a bird would be heavy enough to crimp the hose?! Glad you figured it out : )

    Enjoy your evening with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely morning!

    When you mention being able to fit into your garage, does that mean you've been unpacking and getting boxes out of the garage?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE gardenias. You're so lucky. My neighbor puts used coffee grounds into the soil with her gardenias and they seem to do well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brenda-actually John just rearranged some things in the garage. We had a few end tables that we can't use in the new house so that was taking up all the vehicle room. His car is still parked out front around the oval for guests. No one seems to mind-alot of people here do that and there is still plenty of room for guests!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE gardenias!!!! I would love some here but I think we get too hot. Maybe I could try though!!

    Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love gardenias. The fragrance is wonderful.

    Yummy, eggplant parmesan.

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sherri, there's an award for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete