Saturday, January 23, 2010

"Bird" Saturday

I was walking through the house today and noticed I had alot of "bird" things decorating my house. I love birds, especially bluebirds, cardinals and swans. I started clicking pictures of some of the birds I had around the house and I'll share them with you.


This wooden swan was bought about 20 yrs. ago. I bought it at a craft show. There was a gentleman who carved birds of all types for a living.


Here is another swan I have. This is much larger than the first one. I bought this swan when we were in Maine on vacation. We loved that vacation so this swan means alot to me. I love its graceful neck!


Last summer when John, Jenny, Kevin and I went to this antique place near where Jenny and Kevin live I spotted this little iron, rusty birdbath. Now I like rusty iron things but I felt it would look better if I sprayed it a creamy white color. This little bird along with the other little bird on this birdbath is just so cute!


I love the drawings of Marjolein Bastin. This was a little picture I picked up to frame. I haven't found the perfect frame for it yet so I just propped it up on the mantel.


Jenny and Kevin bought this little bird votive holder for me for Christmas this year. They always buy me some little bird item for in my garden. I have it inside right now but will take it out when it gets warmer.


I have a whole collection of Lenox birds. This little house finch is so cute-I love the coloring. When Megan was little I came into the living room and saw Megan standing on a chair with the little chickadee in one hand and the bluebird in the other and she was smashing them together. When she heard me come into the room she said, "look Mommy the birds are fighting"! YIKES, she had my coveted Lenox birds and were smashing them together. I told her that the little birds liked each other and they didn't like to fight. She put them down and I inspected them. The little chickadee has a small chip in the tip of one wing but the bluebird was perfect! I guess the bluebird won-LOL!! It is amazing that both birds weren't smashed to pieces!



This little bluebird we found in a potter's shop in East Boothbay Maine. We were on vacation and saw this shop. I love pottery and so does John so we went in. She had alot of little birds made out of porcelain. I bought my Mom a chickadee, 2 sparrows for my sisters and the little bluebird for us.

So as you can see I am a birdlover, just like my paternal grandmother. She taught me so much about birds and I feed them year round just so I can see them everyday! Thanks for joining me on the "bird" walk around my house! Everyone enjoy your day!

6 comments:

  1. Sherri, I love your birds - especially the swans. Thanks for the tour : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny.... I just noticed that about myself the other day. I like birds but I never would have thought I was a collector of them, until I was putting things back after Christmas.

    So, Sherri, here's to enjoying the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all Sherri, but especially the Lennox bird and the first Swan. You have a very nice collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a wonderful collection marking different places you have visited and enjoyed. Love the swans.
    Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bird collection, Sherri! I love birds too.

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete