Saturday, January 16, 2010

Saturday's Happenings and Miscellaneous

Last night my parents arrived around 5:00 and my Mom, Dad and I went to Applebees for dinner. Today was our son-n-law Kevin's 29th birthday. Jenny, Kevin, Megan and Ken (plus my parents, John and I) all had lunch here. I made hamburgers, macaroni salad and deviled eggs. Jenny made the birthday cake. She did a great job, considering cooking and baking isn't her forte! YAY Jenny!! We all had a nice visit. Jenny and Kevin then left to go to a movie across the stree. Mom, Dad, Megan and Ken all left at the same time, which was around 3:30. My parents were going to get into Virginia and then stop for the night. Tomorrow they will drive the rest of the way home to NJ. After everyone left about 45 mins. later John left for work. I made myself a cup of tea and grabbed my book for some much needed relaxation!! Tomorrow John will have to work too and I have a custom jewelry order I need to finish so it can be mailed out on Monday. I've taken some pictures of today's celebration and visit. I also took some Valentine's Day decorating I started. I brought my lemon tree in the house when it started to get cold this Fall and now it is loaded with blossoms! I hope I get some lemons and yes, I will make lemonade-LOL!!!


Jenny made a cake for Kevin. She did a good job!



Dad, Mom and Megan at the table waiting for their cake.


It's a little dark but I think you can see the lemon tree. I keep it in this corner of the dining room where it is a little protected from foot traffic.


I was trying out different shots with my new camera. I thought this one came out really great!


I put the red and off white check handwoven runner on the kitchen table. I also thought the two little sparrow dish would look great with the silver candlesticks.



I left the cutwork velvet runner that I use for Christmas on the dining room table and added the wrought iron and glass tray with all the lovely little flower pots. I have some more decorating to do but it's a start especially with company this weekend.

Thanks for joining me on my little tour!

4 comments:

  1. Its looking good over your house and another wonderful family celebration

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fun time with family.

    I love your dining room table arrangement. Very pretty.

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a green thumb. You actually got your lemon tree to bloom in the house? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like your daughter did a great job on that cake.

    ReplyDelete