Thursday, January 28, 2010

Took the Day off from Work

Not much going on around our house today. I decided after my horrible day at work yesterday to take the day off. We found out yesterday we will all be getting our salary cut. That's right all the work I do there and they think they shouldn't have to pay us so much. That statement made me really hot under the collar. They feel other people who have been let go by the company are making less so maybe they are paying us too much! Well they are wrong. I am really so sick of corporate America! It just makes me want to move to Wyoming, live in a log house, raising cattle and growing my own vegetables! Oh well. I have updated my resume and I've sent a few inquiries. Lets see what that brings. What a wonderful year this is turning out to be!!

8 comments:

  1. Ah Sherri, that's the pits! You've done so much over and above for that company. Hopefully you can find a place that really appreciates you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri, I'm so sorry about the work situation. I can see freezing wages (as has happened everywhere) but cutting wages of productive employees is just plain short-sighted. Sending you positive thoughts and a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lynne and Mary! I really thought this year was going to be different and it just seems to get worse and worse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new banner photo!

    Sorry to hear about your own news at work. No wonder you wished you had that sailboat I had posted earlier.

    As an old neighbour used to say in troubled times, here's to better days ahead!

    Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherri,
    I'm so sorry. I don't know what's happening with this country any more. Hang in there. I'm sure God must have better plans for you.
    Hugs,
    Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sherri, we had our hours cut from 40 to 32 a few months ago. The economy is so bad here, I'm just glad to have a job. If things continue like this, I probably won't have a job in a few more months.

    Good luck with your job hunt. I agree, American corporations have no sympathy for their employees.
    Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are hard time for everyone but it sounds so short sighted and morale damaging to say things like that to employees. Sorry that you are going through this. I hope that nobody at work knows about your blog Sherri! Shhhhh...keep it a secret!

    I love your new banner picture and background. It's lovely. I also love that you are featuring your jewelry on Etsy...I have to take a look!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie-No one at work does know about my blog. Most of them don't even know what a blog is-LOL!!

    ReplyDelete