Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I love these pantries!!

When John, the girls and I lived in our victorian in NJ we had a lovely pantry. I have never had a pantry since that was as great as that one! The pantry we had was just put together perfectly with it's sturdy shelves, a window for light, a really high ceiling so large things could be stacked on the top shelves and a wide plank wood floor. To get to the wide plank floor I had taken up 4 layers of the original linoleum-that smelled just lovely!! I made white curtains for the window, painted the walls white and painted the floor a rich cranberry color. I put a throw rug on the floor to keep our feet warm when we went in there during the winter time because there wasn't any heat in there. I had alot of Longaberger baskets so I used them to store things in there and it looked nice. I hung a peg rack on the long blank wall and hung up my aprons, special dish towels and herbs to dry that I had grown in my garden-it was great! I was looking on pinterest.com today and found some pantries that I wouldn't mind having. Here they are:
(all photos are via www.pinterest.com)

I thought this was a clever idea paint the door with blackboard paint!! I love it!

I love the frosted doors on this pantry.

This pantry is my all time favorite-just gorgeous!!

This pantry is more rustic than the others above, but I liked it too!

This is the perfect country pantry.

Update: I am still under the weather with my throat, so I a Dr. appt. for tomorrow morning. Hopefully they will be able to give me some really good meds! I need to get rid of the fire in my throat!

Everyone have a great afternoon!

6 comments:

  1. The third one would be mine in a second if I could fit something like that in my house *sigh* love it...will have to put it in my "dreaming" pile for the kitchen though....hmmmmm......!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girls that is my favorite too! It is just so gorgeous!! Someday, someday.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that you not feeling good...sure hope the doc can help you:) I would die for one of those pantries.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous, Sherri! sigh... Lori

    I have a fun giveaway on my blog, so be sure to stop by!;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better soon! I love all of these pantries...I wish I had one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should see my pantry! It is the opposite in style and organization. I need a pantry expert to come and help.

    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete