Monday, October 24, 2011

A Wonderful Day at SAFF!!!

Saturday I spent a wonderful day with Jenny,friends, fiber and beautiful weather! Jenny and I dropped Owen off at Megan's house at 6:30 a.m.-yes I said a.m.!! We drove back to the Blakeney section of Charlotte to meet our knitting friends Ginny and Julie. We drove up to Asheville, NC, which is about 2 hrs. from our homes. It was a beautiful sunny, clear, crisp Fall day. The leaves in the mountains were at their peak and just gorgeous. We arrived around 9 and we left around 3:30. We walked, walked and walked looking at beautiful fiber, spinning wheels, looms, shawl pins, soaps, hand creams, fudge, Angora bunnies, patterns, etc., etc. It was wonderful!! I bought some fiber and I already started the Fan and Feather Scarf!! Jenny, Ginny and Julie bought fiber too! We will be creating some really beautiful things over the next few months. It was just a beautiful day spent with wonderful friends! Here are some photos of what I bought:

This is the cover from the SAFF booklet.

This yarn is made from 100% Bamboo! I love all the colors in the fiber and will probably make a Spring Shawl out of this.

This beautiful Solo Silk was bought at the Brooks Farm booth. This is a vendor out of Lancaster Texas. It is just gorgeous. I am making a Feather and Fan Scarf for myself out of this. I have already started it!

Here is the Fan and Feather Scarf that I started yesterday.

I love this yarn from Miss Babbs! Miss Babbs is from Mountain City, TN. I love the rich colors of this fiber! I'm not sure what I'll be making with this but I'm sure it will be something awesome!

Ginny, Julie and I bought Shawl Kits from Stream Valley Fiber Farm, Trout Run, PA. All of the kits were different from each other. They consisted of the Pattern for the Shawl, the beautiful fiber (which mine is called Tide Pool) and a handmade Shawl Pin designed and created by PeaceWork Jewelry Design. I just love this yarn and the pattern of the Shawl. The Pin is absolutely beautiful too!

This is the closeup photo of the fiber from the Shawl Kit. I think it is appropriately named Tidal Pool-look at all those blues just like a tidal pool-just gorgeous!!

Closeup of the Shawl Pattern.

I stopped at The Unique Sheep vendor booth and fell in love with their fiber! They are the home of gradient yarn! Just seeing the colors they used for example a beautiful blue going from dark blue all the way to a very light blue all in one skein. Just absolutely gorgeous!! I took their card because I will be ordering over the year from them.

I did not buy this shawl pin but I thought it was just gorgeous!! I love the felted fiber scarf/shawl they paired this beautiful colored wood pin with! I wish I had tens of thousands of dollars because I would have bought whatever I wanted there!

As you can tell I thoroughly enjoyed my day with my daughter and friends! I slept really well that night, I should have put on a pedometer!!

Today I am home from work not feeling well at all. My throat feels like it has a golf ball in it. I will be just relaxing and resting today. Guess I over did it this weekend. It was worth it though!!

Everyone have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sherri: I am visiting from Donna of Brynwood Needleworks and I am enjoying your posts. Happy week ahead...

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I love your sleek new ride! And I'm so glad you had such a great time last weekend, that tide pool yarn is gorgeous! I also would love to learn how to do that stitch you are using to make your scarf...it's beautiful! Get some hot tea and a little honey and feel better!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What luscious yarns! That scarf is already looking gorgeous; can't wait to see the finished product. What a great weekend, Sherri.

    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful yarns, Sherri! Love the pin ~ what a wonderful day you must have had. Take care now and feel better soon.

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. These yarns are so pretty Sherri - have fun creating.

    ReplyDelete