Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sugar Maple and The Travelling Woman!


I am finally getting finished with the Sugar Maple Shawl I am making for my oldest daughter Megan. I am making hers in black with a very tiny glimmer of silver thread running through the yarn. Last night I spent over an hour trying to figure out how to pick up all the stitches to make the ruffle on the oblong part I had knitted. I finally figured it out and tonight I should be starting the ruffle! Hopefully it won't take much longer so she can start using it with the cooler mornings and evenings we have been having.

I will then be starting another type shawl called The Travelling Woman. Here is a photo of what it will look like, but I will be making it in another color.


I have a lovely baby alpaca/merino cream yarn or a lighter weight yarn that is the colors of leaves and berries. Such choices I have to make!!

Feeling better today after just resting last night and having soup. I will continue drinking lots and resting! Thanks for everyone that wished me well!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

7 comments:

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Flea Market Makeovers said...

I love both of those shawls! Glad you are felling better.

Darlene said...

The shawls are beautiful. I've always loved them. I've got one unfinished one that I should dig out and see if I can complete in time for the very cold evenings coming up. Hope you keep feeling better!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Gorgeous, Sherri! I wish I knew how to create such masterpieces! The black is going to be stunning! So glad you are feeling better, dear friend.:) Lori

Tina Leigh said...

Wow! I wish I was your daughter!

vicki said...

OMG - what a gorgeous shawl! The sugar maple shawl is out of this world fabulous - you did a magnificent job my friend! The color is just perfect to show the stitches up wonderfully. I stand amazed!!

Your next project looks equally as beautiful - you are one fine knitter girl!!

Vicki

Happy@Home said...

You are a talented lady, Sherri. These shawls are beautiful and I now know how beautiful your bookmarks are in person. I have received it and love it!! Thanks again.

Low Tide High Style said...

Sorry you've been under the weather! I always marvel at people who can knit and crochet, it's such a wonderful talent! Get some rest and feel better!

Kat :)


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!