Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Weekend-a little of this and a little of that!

I am still on the mend from bronchitis. I didn't have a very good night last night but got a nice nap in today. Thanks for everyone's well wishes!

Friday night we picked Owen up and brought him here for the weekend. Jenny and Kevin always have a Halloween party and we offered to take Owen for Friday night, all day Saturday and they would come and pick him up Sunday a.m. Owen must have been having a growth spurt because he slept alot of the time he was here. Maybe that was a good thing because I wasn't feeling well. Here is our little pumpkin with a big smile:


Because Owen was sleeping alot of the time I finished reading the book Maine by J. Courtney Sullivan. It was a really good book, just surprised how she ended the story. I really didn't want it to end!

I also got some knitting in. The Feather and Fan Scarf that I'm knitting is coming along quickly! It looks really great so far! I am making it with one of the skeins of yarn I got at the Fiber Fest last weekend.

Jenny and Kevin then arrived this morning and I made pancakes for everyone! Jenny and Kevin were taking Owen to a Halloween Costume Parade in Megan's neighborhood so they put the hood of the lion's costume I made on him-he looked so cute!

Kevin, Owen's Dad holding the little lion.

Our little lion was roaring/crying here. He wanted to take another nap at this point.

Overall it was a pretty quiet weekend for John and I but a really good one! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Owen has such an adorable smile! I hope you feel better tomorrow, Sherri. Take good care of yourself. I enjoyed Maine - the end was not what I expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherri,
    I saw his sweet little face on my sidebar and had to come over for a closer look. Your little pumpkin is AdOrAbLe! How fun to have him all to yourself for a few days.
    Hope you are feeling all better real soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri...that costume is adorable....of course Owen doesn't need much 'cause he's such a cutie pie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little smiling Owen is an angel. What a gorgeous photo! Roaring Owen makes me want to pick him up. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherri, Owen is just adorable. I can't believe how big he's gotten already. I hope you're feeling much better by now. Sorry I've been so behind on blog reading. I wasn't feeling the best either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherri- your little lion is just so so adorable! This little costume is the cutest thing ever--- I can tell that he was not too pleased!! Just wait till next year---!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete