Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Weekend-a little of this and a little of that!

I am still on the mend from bronchitis. I didn't have a very good night last night but got a nice nap in today. Thanks for everyone's well wishes!

Friday night we picked Owen up and brought him here for the weekend. Jenny and Kevin always have a Halloween party and we offered to take Owen for Friday night, all day Saturday and they would come and pick him up Sunday a.m. Owen must have been having a growth spurt because he slept alot of the time he was here. Maybe that was a good thing because I wasn't feeling well. Here is our little pumpkin with a big smile:


Because Owen was sleeping alot of the time I finished reading the book Maine by J. Courtney Sullivan. It was a really good book, just surprised how she ended the story. I really didn't want it to end!

I also got some knitting in. The Feather and Fan Scarf that I'm knitting is coming along quickly! It looks really great so far! I am making it with one of the skeins of yarn I got at the Fiber Fest last weekend.

Jenny and Kevin then arrived this morning and I made pancakes for everyone! Jenny and Kevin were taking Owen to a Halloween Costume Parade in Megan's neighborhood so they put the hood of the lion's costume I made on him-he looked so cute!

Kevin, Owen's Dad holding the little lion.

Our little lion was roaring/crying here. He wanted to take another nap at this point.

Overall it was a pretty quiet weekend for John and I but a really good one! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

7 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Owen has such an adorable smile! I hope you feel better tomorrow, Sherri. Take good care of yourself. I enjoyed Maine - the end was not what I expected.

Happy@Home said...

Hi Sherri,
I saw his sweet little face on my sidebar and had to come over for a closer look. Your little pumpkin is AdOrAbLe! How fun to have him all to yourself for a few days.
Hope you are feeling all better real soon. Take care.

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Sherri...that costume is adorable....of course Owen doesn't need much 'cause he's such a cutie pie!!

Jennifer Rizzo said...

He's just adorable!!!

Kay said...

Little smiling Owen is an angel. What a gorgeous photo! Roaring Owen makes me want to pick him up. What a cutie!

Darlene said...

Sherri, Owen is just adorable. I can't believe how big he's gotten already. I hope you're feeling much better by now. Sorry I've been so behind on blog reading. I wasn't feeling the best either.

vicki said...

Sherri- your little lion is just so so adorable! This little costume is the cutest thing ever--- I can tell that he was not too pleased!! Just wait till next year---!
Vicki


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!