Friday, September 24, 2010

Happy Friday Everyone!

TGIF!! This has been a really long week for me. Even though the days seemed to fly by I have to admit I am really tired. All the things from the accident have just been overwhelming me. Even though I see slight improvements and we are hopefully going to get some satisfaction with the insurance company it has been stressful and busy. I am thankful for the small steps to recovery from the Bell's Palsy though and I hope to continue to make larger strides with that. Work had said they would be understanding about not stressing me out well that lasted one day! I knew this would happen. Last night I was at the office until 5:45 and I won't be doing that again. (Mind you I had arrived at the office at 7:30) I have learned that I just need to say no and stick to it! That is my hang up though and I need to work on that. I will be spending a really nice weekend with John and my friends though and I'm excited about that! Saturday, John and I will be picking up my car (if not late this afternoon) from the repair shop, then we'll head on over to have breakfast at a little place near the shop. Then we will putter around the house for a little bit. Then I'm meeting some of my knitting friends for a UFO (Unfinished Objects) get together. I have a poncho I have been working on for Jenny for what seems years now! Later in the afternoon I'm meeting my friend Alison for a much needed tea and chat!! Alison is the head of our bookclub (which is meeting this Monday night). I so love our chats and teatime at the cafe in Borders across the street from where I live! Sunday will be church and relaxing with John again! Sounds like the perfect weekend to me!

What are your plans for the weekend?

Whether you will be....

Shopping...


Going to the Beach...


Gardening...


Maybe taking a trip to the mountains or somewhere special...


Or just plain relaxing with the one you love and/or family...


HAVE AN ABSOLUTELY LOVELY WEEKEND EVERYONE!!!

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're coming along well, other than the job stress. There is so much you don't think of after an accident. Enjoy your weekend with John and your friends. It all looks like fun. We're going out for breakfast then just see what the day brings. That's one of the perks when you're retired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherri,
    Glad to hear you are getting better....It sounds like your weekend plans are just perfect! My sister and brotherinlaw will arrive today and stay through Sunday. We are renting a pontoon boat on Fontana Lake on Saturday and taking a picnic. Not sure what else we will do, but it will be fun!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you are on the mend. Working too many hours brings stress for me also. I plan to visit my girls and their families this weekend.
    Have a great, and relaxing time with John.
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherri,
    It is so great that you are feeling better. I hope that you and your husband have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sherri
    For someone who is supposed to be taking it easy, you sound very busy! We have a busy weekend too and we're going to Art In The Park tonight and our daughter's new boyfriend is coming for dinner on Sunday for the first time.
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be heading to the ballpark to watch my middle daughter play softball!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Weekend for me = hanging out with husband, walking, and blogging!


    Maya @ Completely Coastal

    ReplyDelete