Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Autumn Decorations Part I

I told everyone a few days ago I would post some Autumn decorating around the house that I did. Well after work today was the day I could take some pictures. Sorry some of them aren't really clear of bright but it is raining here and my camera wasn't focusing very well. I will be posting more pictures on Friday night, this is just Part I. Enjoy!!


I have had this little wooden Pumpkin with Ghost decoration since the girls were little. That is probably over 20 years!



Here is the display I made on the dining room table. I used a grapevine wreath, which was decorated with all the pumpkins, etc. already. I added the two little aged clay pots with the faux ferns in them and candlesticks.



Closeup of the dining room table decorations:



Our Front Hall table has a really pretty bluish/greenish pottery square bowl on it, so I filled it up with this autumn potpourri! Not only does it look pretty it smells pretty good too!


I bought these pumpkin, plaid placements (say that 5 times fast-LOL) when I lived in NJ and I love them!!


I placed this candle with an autumn candle ring on the little table in the kitchen eating area.





This is little urn I spray painted black. I filled it with some zinnias and a brownish, yellowish sunflower. I love the contract in the colors!

11 comments:

  1. Your decorations sure add an Autumn coziness to your home. LOVE how you use candles in your vignettes. Everything looks wonderful!!!
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so lovely. It's nice to be able to relive memories when you bring seasonal decorations out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just loved seeing these. I don't do any seasonal decorating at all except for Christmas, though I greatly enjoy seeing other's work. Thank you. And what a banner! What color! Is that your picture, Sherri?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fall decorating is looking great Sherri! I love the urn you painted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unlike the mainland, very few people in Hawaii put up fall or Halloween decorations in their homes. I miss doing that myself. Therefore I'm living vicariously through you. I just love your creativity. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Things are looking so pretty at your house. Fall is definitely in the air at your house. I love the black urn! Getting excited about meeting everyone at Penny's in October. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks wonderful! I'm actually doing painting at my flat at the moment so I don't know if I'll actually have time/space to get any seasonal decorations up this year!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for your so thoughtful comments! I love Autumn and I love to decorate for it!

    Nan-that was a picture I got online. I wish I could say I took that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the wood pumpkin... timeless and priceless!!

    Maya @ Completely Coastal

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your decorations are so pretty, Sherri. Makes me want to do some more decorating!

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sherri
    I love all your fall decor. Now that we are finally geting some fall weather I am ready to do some too. See you later.
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete