Thursday, September 23, 2010

What a big and beautiful Harvest Moon last night!!



Last night there was a big old beautiful Harvest Moon in the sky! It was absolutely gorgeous and ever changing! When I was a little girl I would conjure up witches flying on their brooms across this Halloween-like moon. I would stare into the night sky for what seemed like hours when I'm sure it was only minutes (because we all know little children usually don't sit still for hours-LOL). Nature has such a wonderful way to make you stop and take time to look at spectacular things like this. We are all so busy and in such a hurry but it is nice to know that something as simple as this can make us all slow down and look! Everyone enjoy your day!

12 comments:

  1. I love sky watching. Day or night. I could lay for hours looking at the stars. The moon was beautiful last night!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the reddest sun coming up this morning as we headed to a physical therapy session for hubby. I told him I wish I had my camera with me- then I said I bet another blogger will have one posted. Lovely picture of the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donnie,I didn't take this picture of the Harvest Moon it was from the internet. My camera doesn't take good moon pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherri, I love the night sky especially when the moon seems so large. One of the things I like about visiting my parents in AZ is that the stars seem like they could be plucked out of the sky if I just reached up far enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, did you take this photo? It is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angie-I got the picture off the internet. I wish I had taken it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo beautiful! I also took pics of the moon last night..it was amazing!
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't ever get any good moon pictures either. I guess my camera is not fancy enough for that. The moon was beautiful this week. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH Wow! What a shot! That is fantastic. I so wanted to get a good shot of the moon, but failed. You really succeeded! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOooops! I just saw your comment that it wasn't your photo. Ah well... you found a great shot though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was gorgeous, although my black cat was acting a little freaky...LOL

    ReplyDelete