Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Labor Day Everyone!



Happy Labor Day everyone! Some people will be celebrating Labor Day in many different forms. Some will be at a picnic or parade, boating, shooting off fireworks and the list goes on and on. Not everyone knows what they are celebrating though. Here is a short paragraph on what Labor Day means

Children were forced into back-breaking jobs day and night in mines, textiles, glass factories, canneries and other places where children don't belong. Labor activists eventually ended child labor -- and won better working conditions for adult workers, including the eight-hour work day. Always celebrated on the first Monday in September, Labor Day honors the social and economic contributions that the American worker has made to the growth health and prosperity of this country.

Hope you are having a wonderful Labor Day where ever you are! What are your plans today?

3 comments:

  1. My company is gone, so I am doing a little transplanting in my garden and then reading a good book while sitting on the back porch! Happy Labor day to you too!

    p.s. don't foget I need your email.
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Labor Day, Sherri (where did summer go???). Tim and I are traveling back to our home today. We had a nice weekend visit with my family across state. We went to an apple orchard and I bought some honeycrisp apples as well as apple butter and peach butter. I'm really looking forward to Autumn. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sherri, hope you are having a wonderful Labor Day weekend. I am just chilling out at home this weekend getting a lot of much needed projects accomplished. I have not left the house since Friday and I have gotten so much done. Have a great day! Enjoy! Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete