Monday, September 20, 2010

I am determined to conquer the art of knitting socks!

I have never been a quitter and I'm not going to start now! Well I do have to say I think something has finally slowed me way down and that is knitting socks!! I was doing ok in the first class I took (that was the day of my accident 9/11/10) but the second class on Saturday just has me plain confused and discouraged! I can't say I have ever been discouraged about learning a new craft. I am not giving up though, I will push onward and conquer this battle! Tomorrow night my knitting groups meets and I am begging one of the girls to help me figure out what the heck I am doing wrong! Please say a little (or big prayer if you are so inclined) prayer for me that I will finally understand the world of sock knitting.

My youngest daughter, Jenny (who is 27) said to me the other day, "Mom do you know you can buy a whole bag of socks for about $2". Thanks for those wonderful words of wisdom Jenny-LOL!!! She is right but I have always wanted to learn how to knit them and I will!!

Here are some beautiful knitted socks I found online-they are really beautiful!

I would love to be able to knit a sock like this one some day!


This sock is called a mock cable and I think they are just gorgeous!


I don't know of anyone who wouldn't want to go around the house in these cute little slipper socks!


When I see yarn like this I just see beautiful things, like shawls, sweaters, scarves, hats and yes SOCKS! Wish me well everyone!!

13 comments:

  1. Jenny's comment made me LOL, Sherri :) I love the look of the mock cable socks - beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri you might enjoy this blog. It's not a knotting one but she does some beautiful knitting herself and has her moments. http://kathycalculatesweightloss.blogspot.com/search/label/knitting

    That goes to her knitting part. Hope it helps. better you than me- I'm more like Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I lived closer so you could teach me to knit and we could knit together, Sherri! I know you are going to get those socks down and be making some fabulous Christmas gifts!:) Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have knitted Christmas stockings, but they didn't have to fit anyone's feet. I would love to learn how to knit socks too. I love all the beautiful yarns they make now to knit socks, especially the ones that stripe themselves. Hang in there. You can do it!! Who knows, you might be able to wear your new socks when you come to Penny's. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sherri, you just need it to wait for it to "click" and you'll be away. It is frustrating when you struggle with a new craft but imagine all those wonderful socks you'll be making soon,

    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely socks. My daughter once paid $40.00 for the yarn to knit a pair of socks...LOL - very special socks indeed!

    Good luck SHerri

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to knit this time of year...I've never done socks tho.
    Have fun with your projects!
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone and I'll definitely post a picture of the socks when they are done!! Tonight is the night I get some help from my knitting buddies :)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck. You can do it!
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are amazing, Sherri. Your knitting projects are fantastic.

    Did I tell you that your banner photo is stunning? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sherri - Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog! I would love to know how to knit socks too - I just don't know if I'll ever get there! This cooler weather always gets me itching to knit though, so who knows - it might happen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to know how to knit socks with a nice heel and all. In Switzerland we girls had to learn housekeeping kind of stuff! Now...., no clue anymore. It's not like riding a bike. I forgot to knit!!! Would love to pick it up again one day!

    Maya @ Completely Coastal

    ReplyDelete