Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A stroll through my garden this morning!

The weather in the mornings is much cooler here now. I am not usually home but due to my accident I am recouping at home for a few days. I decided to take my mug of tea (and the ever present straw) outside to the courtyard for some fresh air and sun! As I said I'm not usually outside at this time of the morning and shadows and sunshine fall diffently. I decided to take some pictures to show you. Come along with me...

Here is my little garden fairy I brought with me from NJ when I moved to Charlotte 6 years ago. I gave her I nice new coat of paint this summer.



Here is my red hanging geranium. I think this is it's last blast of color! It is so bright and beautiful!


I happened to look at the fence and my neighbor's wistera drapes over the fence into our courtyard. I so an unexpected surprise! There was one wisteria blossom blooming and in the next picture is the bumblebee that thought it was a nice unexpected surprise too!




I have a double red camellia, which is starting to form buds! I love this camellia.


The herbs are just beautiful this time of year. My mint and rosemary loves this weather as you can see!





This hosta plant was new this year and it just love the cool mornings I guess because it is getting all new leaves. A little piece of my ivy is trailing down from the main plant.


The Lamb's Ears are coming back in full force too now that the hotter temps are cooling off too.


This ivy plant has doubled in size this year!


My palm tree has to come in the house in a month or so. I thought this frond looked so graceful this morning so I thought I would share it with y'all!


On Saturday John bought this beautiful African Violet for me at Pike's Nursery. It is a beautiful shade of purple. I guess it likes its new surroundings!






I hope you liked my garden stroll this morning! Enjoy your day!!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Sherri,
    I just read your past posts to see what had happened. How scary that accident must have been. I'm sorry to hear that you are having health problems because of it.
    You are wise to rest and relax. Your garden looks like a lovely place to spend time in as your body heals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are lovely and beautiful surroundings always make a cup of tea taste better. I'm glad you're doing a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pictures Sherri! Love the garden fairy!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have fairies like that in our garden!

    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful garden photos, Sherri! Hope you're doing ok.

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sherri! Thank you for stopping by! I so love to meet new friends! I was born in Charlotte and that is about as long as I stayed there - but, I do have family in the surrounding area. You have marvelous pictures - I love Wisteria - it is long gone here. Things are calming down now - so looking forward to Fall.
    I hope you recover quickly!
    God Bless,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your garden pictures. Hope you are feeling better. Praying for your recovery! Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very lovely, Sherri. It's great to relax amongst your garden while you're recuperating. I'm sending you healing thoughts. I just love wisteria.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for taking me on your garden walk this morning. LOVE all the pretty flowers.
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sherri,

    So nice to meet you!! :D Thank you so much for stopping by!! Your garden is so lovely and I know has to bring you joy!

    Hugs, Carolyn ~ Cottage Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Surely that wisteria is not blooming now?!! That was from the spring, no?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sherri! :) Glad you liked my fall decor, I had so much fun pulling it all together!
    I LOVE your fairy in your garden, she is SO sweet!
    I'm so sorry about your accident...I hope you're back to normal in no time flat! :-D
    Better run...I've been scrapbooking and card making today and I have a HUGE mess to clean up! :-o
    Talk to you later
    Missy :)

    ReplyDelete