Sunday, March 13, 2011

I have had a little visitor this week!

My blogger friend, Kat at Low Tide High Style received Roamy, this little elf and I agreed to take Roamy next. Roamy arrived on Monday. I was sick Monday and Tuesday and I wasn't able to take Roamy on any adventures. Today John and I took Roamy to the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden! This is how we spent our day:


Here is Roamy at our front door. Doesn't he look cute next to my pansies!


We took Roamy to the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden today. He couldn't wait to drive through the entrance!


Here he is getting closer to the entrance. He kept trying to run up to the entrance and I had to hold his hand and slow him down.


Just when I thought Roamy was behaving and walking slowly towards the entrance of the Garden he decided to hide out in a group of mini daffodils-isn't he cute!


There is a beautiful white garden at the Daniel Stowe Botanical garden. There is also a fountain and Roamy decided he needed to pose by it.


Roamy making friends with the Bunny at the Garden.


Roamy made quick friends with this little snail at the Garden and it made him feel like he was back home amongst the moss.


Roamy striking a pose in the holly hedge.


I told Roamy to stop being bad and to stop getting so close to the edge of the fountain.


Here is Roamy laughing at me being worried about him falling into the fountain.


Roamy walked with us through the entire Garden and needed a rest at the end. While John and I drank our water, Roamy decided to rest at the table overlooking the garden.


Saying goodbye can be hard, but Roamy was tired and wanted to just hang out at our house.


When we got home, we took Roamy out into our courtyard. He got very smitten with our Garden Fairy! I tried to explain that he will be traveling alot in the next year so he shouldn't make any lasting relationships. He agreed and told the Garden Fairy farewell.

Then Roamy decided to be naughty again-what is with him and water!!


Roamy was on the edge of my fountain again!


I just turned my back and then I heard a plunk in the water. That little devil Roamy had jumped in the water and was playing in my fountain!

Roamy crawled out of the fountain with my help and then jumped up on the fence next to the fountain and was admiring my neighbor's wisteria (that is just starting to bloom).



Well that has been the story of Roamy staying at the McDermitts! Who would like to take Roamy next? I will entertain offers for Roamy's next adventure until Wednesday night. I will then let the lucky person know on Thursday. This has been a really fun adventure and it could be yours!!

14 comments:

  1. I love this post! Too cute...lol. It actually brought a smile to my face this morning. You and John did a good job with the locations. :) Have a great day, my friend.

    Angie
    Linen & Verbena

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so funny. Looking forward to seeing where Roamy goes next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adventure he has had!! I would love to have Roamy come visit my home...
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little fellow sure gets around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a fantastic post Sherri! It was fun following Roamy on his adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, funny - and he´s cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post Sherri! I am so glad Roamy had such a wonderful time at your house! He got to see so much while he was visiting you!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you came across Roamy!! I'll post your adventure on his site now...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would be most happy to host Roamy at my little farm in Rhode Island. I can take him to all my music haunts and maybe get him up behind the mic for a few Irish tunes. My pugs would love to run around our dog park with him too! Does he like chickens? We can visit the coop and make a visit to see my sister's goats! I love Roamy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had so much fun with Roamy!! I've got 2 people vying for Roamy, don't you want to throw your name in the hat???? You know you do!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet little gnome - so glad to have found your blog. Hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so wonderful, Sherri! Would you believe we did something like this when we were in Florence.

    We asked our son what he wanted us to bring home for him. He said we shouldn't spend time worrying about what to bring him and just get a small, cheap touristy dust catcher that we'd see everywhere and bring that for him.

    We chose a small statue of David since the original is there. Then we took it all around the city and posed it everywhere.

    When we brought it home and gave it to him along with the photos, he laughed and said, "You couldn't get me Venus de Milo. You had to get me a naked man?"

    Ah well... it's a good thing we brought him a t-shirt also.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Roamyo, Roamyo where are thou going next? We'd love to entertain you here in
    Mid-Missouri. Why the Blacksmith has some hand forged gnomes he'd like to introduce you to!
    hope to see you soon!
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  14. Roamie looks quite comfortable at the Botanical garden...and your yard as well Sherri - you'd better watch out - elfs can be tricky...he might stay longer than you thought :)

    ReplyDelete