Saturday, March 5, 2011

Our Visit to the Home & Garden Show

We all showed up at the Spring Home & Garden Show around 10:30. There was alot of people milling around and we joined the crowds! Everything was just so beautiful and the smell of the hyacinths and tulips was just wonderful! I will just have to show you some of the wonderful things we saw:


This waterfall was absolutely gorgeous and so was the bright red tulips.


This beautiful courtyard fountain reminded me of Charleston. I love it!



This wonderful frog copper sculpture with his cocktail was a favorite of mine!


This bright red tulip border is just gorgeous-I wish I could have brought them home with me!


This sculpture fountain was amazing! It was a large tree branch with kids crawling on it-just amazing!!


This was a tea and cupcake table. There were a few table setting displays, which were just beautiful!


They had some faux rooms and this was a gorgeous French bedroom! I just loved everything about it.


This chandelier was absolutely stunning! A few of the rooms they created had chandeliers and they were all beautiful!


This angel statue was one of my favorites-absolutely lovely.


This was a really different waterfall-heart shaped!


I saw this sign and fell in love with it! I am going to try and make something similar.


These lovely white hydrangeas looked wonderful with the dark purple tulips-just gorgeous!


This Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory display was just wonderful! They had chocolate scent and it was so scrumptious! I feel like I gained 10 lbs. just sniffing the air-LOL!!


There were some orchids and I really loved this one!


Parrot tulips are some of my favorite tulips and these were no exception.

Tomorrow I will have some more pictures of the show! I hope you liked what you saw so far.

7 comments:

  1. Oh what fun! Everything looks so beautiful. Would you believe we've got a cattleya orchid just like that one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took some wonderful photos. That frog was my favorite too. It must have been wonderful to see so many beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a beautiful show! I love parrot tulips too and that orchid is gorgeous! Thank you for taking us along!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I am in garden heaven. I love the sculpture of the kids. What a beauty. Looks like you were in heaven too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks fabulous... and you have more to show us!!! Keep it coming!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Our home shows around here are nothing like this one - what fun!! I love your angel statue too - I have a small replica of it that stands 20" in my house - always have loved that! It's the "Winged Nike" statue or sometimes it's called the "Victory" statue that was found in Greece. I think it's still in the Louvre - I always love "Funny Face" with Audrey Hepburn where she is in a photo shoot and in the gorgeous red dress coming down the stairs beside the Nike! This would have been my favorite part of your trip...and to have such a large statue in my back yard - wow!! Better get a bigger yard :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! How incredibly awesome! I still love those fountains and that frog with the cocktail is just the cutest as is the teacup table. Our home shows are nothing like this - you would be bored. This is just amazing and I would love to have seen it in person. Thanks for sharing all these photos with us.

    ReplyDelete